YIPPEEEE

horns

WOW--I pulled a WK report today and notice one of my chargeoffs dropped off TU after disputing it...That seemed easy....I think I am on my way thanks to this wonderful board...

Question:As for inquiries, should I keep pulling WK and hope for bumpage or should I dispute via phone or in writing. I have seen several posts where people had GOOD luck on the phone with some of the CRA's

Advice?

The phone will work with EQ and EX, but not with TU. With Experian, you need to ask for the fraud department and dispute the items with them.

It takes 'bumpage' with TU. I run a PG report everyday and 4 WK's. I have seen others see the hard INQs get bumped off of TU after about 120 or more pulls. You just need to keep at it.

Good Luck,

Cas

Bumpage is when pepole use monitoring services like wk or pg to pull their credit reports everyday consitantly in the hopes that enough soft inquiries cased by you; will result in pushing hard inquiries off of the credit report.

Reason behind this someone found out, was that the credit report can only hold so much information so something has to go (in this case, the hard inquiries are expendable first before anything else).

Warning about this though, accessing your file too much can result in worse problems like splitting meaning that you end up with two credit files, and it sure is a mess getting everything back together again. Even hear some people say that previously deleted trades sometimes get re-added back on. So then you can put your self back to square one on certain things.

Other reasons for splits I have seen include mixed files - where father / son got mixed because of similar names / addresses,

Another example is where on one it might show a maden name / and on another a married name.

This is interesting, but I don't bite on this one myself, cause I would rather not add that many soft inquiries; I have seen debate on this issue as well over if or not enough soft inquiries can actually add up to impact credit report like a hard one. Don't know really, just speculation.