Trans Union...... what should I do?????

Jewelxoxo

I requested my credit report 2 months ago and found that I had a tax lien listed. I went to the recorders office and they gave me a certified copy titled Release Of Invalid Lien (it wasn't mine). I faxed that to TU and asked for a investigation they notified me that the lien was verified and the result was no change to my credit report. :evil: I called and spoke to someone regarding this and they told me they never heard from the recorders office so it stands on my CR. I told her about my certified copy and she told me to fax it and they would reinvestigate. I sent the papers and underlined the docket number and all pertinant info. They notified me that they were unable to accept the fax and they would look into it further. Well, today I got my mail and guess what no change, it says verified, no change. What should I do??? :cry: Thanks for any and all input.

Something don't sound right; they should of took the copy you sent them in the matter.

Being that you disputed twice; you may be needing to look next at getting a lawyer involved in this matter.

Did they say why the could not accept the fax certified copy you sent them? Call back and see if they can explain their reason for this.

They didn't give me any reason as to why they couldn't accept the copy. I got a "we couldn't accept it" over the phone and a generic looking letter saying the same thing. Also, don't they have to remove the lien if the recorders office doesn't reply to them in a timely manner? Should I call the recorders office? Thanks in advance. This is such a pain I'm just starting a refi on my home and don't want this to affect it.

Sorry to hear about this Jewel. I am waiting to hear from TU and I also disputed a tax lien. We called the recorders office and they have no knowledge of it. Said we can investigate further by going to web site and see if we can find anything. We went through records and nothing. So if TU does not take it off we will be calling clerk for proof to get it off. Wish you much luck.

Yes, immediately send a Procedural Request, and advide them that you will go to court on this.

I believe you have caught them in a violation and could probably sue in small claims court to recover the $1000 violation fee and have the court demand them to take the trade line off. I would do that in a heatbeat.

My guess is that TU woud settle fairly quickly.

Cas