Something else I found for Cali people

Niner849

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I just thought I would post it here. I thought this might help some more people from Cali.

1785.30. Upon notification of the results of a consumer credit reporting agency's reinvestigation pursuant to Section 1785.16, an consumer may make a written demand on any person furnishing

information to the consumer credit reporting agency to correct any information which the consumer believes to be inaccurate. The person upon whom the written demand is made shall acknowledge the demand within 30 days. The consumer may require the consumer credit reporting agency to indicate on any subsequent reports issued during the dispute that the item or items of information are in dispute. If upon investigation the information is found to be inaccurate or incorrect, the consumer may require the consumer credit reporting agency to delete or correct the item or items of information within a

reasonable time. If within 90 days the consumer credit reporting agency does not receive any information from the person requested to furnish the same or any communication relative to this information from this person, the consumer credit reporting agency shall delete the information from the report.

Andi

If within 90 days the consumer credit reporting agency does not receive any information from the person requested to furnish the same or any communication relative to this information from this person, the consumer credit reporting agency shall delete the information from the report.

Andi

so it's not 30 days like used to be?!? damn cali

• 4 years later...

1785.30. Upon notification of the results of a consumer credit reporting agency's reinvestigation pursuant to Section 1785.16, an consumer may make a written demand on any person furnishing information to the consumer credit reporting agency to correct any information which the consumer believes to be inaccurate. The person upon whom the written demand is made shall acknowledge the demand within 30 days. The consumer may require the consumer credit reporting agency to indicate on any subsequent reports issued during the dispute that the item or items of information are in dispute. If upon investigation the information is found to be inaccurate or incorrect, the consumer may require the consumer credit reporting agency to delete or correct the item or items of information within a reasonable timeThe customer is specificially included here. If within 90 days the consumer credit reporting agency does not receive any information from the person requested to furnish the same or any communication relative to this information from this person, the consumer credit reporting agency shall delete the information from the report.It

Are we the customer omitted from who can receive this information within the 90 days? Meaning, could the CRA's just say, "sure, we got proof, the information is accurate it stays", even though we have green cards and no word or valid info from the OC or CA.

Has anyone in Cali been success in using this?

your confusing me:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

..what is it that your asking that isnt already an available remedy today and not 4 years ago?..please clarify..

also note , i believe this post was also before facta was enacted ...