Experian- Request an Investigation!! How??

Boobeans

Well if you have the credit reports there are a few ways you can dispute:

1. Call in phone number on the report; automated system will have option for disputing (need the report number to dial in to access a person).

2. Dispute directly from the web site, if you are having problems with Equifax, then it is most likely that you are in an affiliate area (like CSC) and if that is the case dispute instead at this site:

www.csc.com

There is an option at Equifax site to enter in you zip to know this for sure.

3. Write in your disputes:

TransUnion

PO Box 1000

Chester PA 19022

1-800-916-8800

Experian

PO Box 2104

Allen TX 75013

1-888-397-3742

Equifax (CSC Credit Services)

PO Box 740241

Atlanta GA 30374-0241

1-800-759-5979

Sorry I don't have the direct Equifax address; you can find it at the site though.

4. Fax in your disputes; in the Credit Bureau Section here is all the fax numbers provided by Sisflomi.

Ok, that should give you a good start.

kb9tbq Thanks for all the info, that will help a lot!!

Yes I did go to their website but when I click on the Dispute link it only brings me to my credit report. It does not show where to go. I had my boyfriend go to their site for me to see if maybe I was missing something and it did the same thing. So as far as disputing it online, thats not happening.

Thanks for all the info :) Like I said it will come in handy. I am VERY new to all of this and since most of my bad credit is over 7 years old I need to get it off my report.

Yes, when you click "dispute", it will take you into your credit report. You then click on the individual item(s) you wish to dispute, and another window will open up with multiple choices (not mine, etc). I remember being very confused the first time, myself.

Sorry, thanks, Laura; that was what I was missing. As much as I like Experian for their version of credit reports. I can't stand their site! not user friendly by any means. Everytime I go back to using the site, it is always trial & error trying to remember that darn dispute method.

Yes, when you click "dispute", it will take you into your credit report. You then click on the individual item(s) you wish to dispute, and another window will open up with multiple choices (not mine, etc). I remember being very confused the first time, myself.

Thank you!!!! I was able to dispute the items. Thanks again I would have been there forever. :D