almost_there

My credit repair progress/dispute results

I wanted to write all this down in one place for quick reference. So here it goes, my own way on keeping score of my progress in credit repair. I figured I might as well share 8)

Equifax Disputed online, results due August 13th

DH

FICO: 566

3 out of 4 collections in dispute

5 out of 25 tradelines in dispute

9 out of 25 goodwill letter, sent 7/16

5 out of 25 in positive standing

2 out of 25 are sleeping giants (scheduled to fall off in Nov.)

9 Inquiries to be tackled in round 2

Myself

FICO: 549

3 out of 3 collections in dispute

11 out of 18 tradlines in dispute

3 out of 18 in positive standing

2 out of 18 sleeping giants (scheduled to fall off in Nov.)

1 out of 18 DV, sent 7/16

11 inquiries to be tackled in round 2

Experian Disputed online, results due Aug. 8th

DH

Score: NA

7 out of 25 potentially negative in dispute

4 tradelines in good standing

9 out of 25 goodwill letter, sent 7/16

2 out of 25 sleeping giants

Myself

11 out of 21 potentially negative in dispute

3 tradelines in good standing

2 out of 21 sleeping giants

1 out of 21 DV, sent 7/16

TransUnion Disputed online, results due Aug. 9th

DH

Score: 493

5 bits of personal information in dispute

11 out of 23 in dispute

9 out of 23 goodwill letter, sent 7/16

1 out of 23 sleeping giant

4 in positive standing

4 Inquiries

Myself

Score: 488

3 bits of personal information in dispute

13 out of 15 in dispute

1 out of 15 sleeping giant

1 out 15 DV, sent 7/16

4 in positive standing

5 Inquiries

I plan on keeping track here from now on and I can kill 2 birds with one stone, 1 - I need a place to track all this information and 2 - I can share my progress with all of you that have helped me so immensely! I can't wait to see how this all turns out. I am sure that within a month or two, things are going to be DRASTICALLY different, as I also have a plan that includes...

*Continuing to pay my positives on time

*Paying down my balances on my positive cc's to between 15-25%

Out of $1200 available, my balance as of 7/16 is $1060.81, which means I need to pay them down by $679 to get them to 25%

*Paying off our 3 judgments

Remaining balances are $1840.92 total (well I guess I forgot the interest)

I am a woman with a plan! xguitarx Rock on!!!

That's a great idea. I'll keep watching to see how things go. But your scores are already higher than mine. My EX, I have 7 positve CC TL's, total balance on all is less than $2000. 2 positive auto loans. 1 CC that's payed, was charge off. 1 collection for a phone bill that is soon to be deleted. My balances are about 40%., but my score is only 496. I don't get it?????

Doublebuchi, how long is your credit history? That could be affecting your score.

Doublebuchi, how long is your credit history? That could be affecting your score.

I was going to ask the same thing :)+:)

That's a great idea. I'll keep watching to see how things go. But your scores are already higher than mine.

My scores have been fluctuating (spelling?) since I started this in late April.

On 4/29/03, when I pulled a 3-in-1 from TrueCredit.com, they were

DH: EQ - 594, EX - 595, TU - 615

me: EQ - 545, EX - 541, TU - 545

We applied for and were approved for a new car on 5/17/03 with real FICO scores of

DH: 602

me: 588

On 7/1/03, TrueCredit.com's TU scores were

DH: 620

me: 536

On 7/10/03, TransUnion.com's and Equifax's FICO scores were, respectively

DH: 493 and 566

me: 488 and 549

My theories as to why these are so up and down is because we have most recently been carrying high balances. The only new accounts that have been added is the one for the car, our first payment was due on 7/1. Even though they reported it right away as pays as agreed, our first payment isn't shown yet. So, I believe it's a combination of high balances and a couple new inquiries that are to blame for the drop in points. I expect it to rebound quite a bit after a month or 2 of paying down my balances and making my payments on time xdancex

My EX, I have 7 positve CC TL's, total balance on all is less than $2000. 2 positive auto loans. 1 CC that's payed, was charge off. 1 collection for a phone bill that is soon to be deleted. My balances are about 40%., but my score is only 496. I don't get it?????

Our credit history is about 8 or 9 years old, that could be making it higher. But don't worry, you'll get to where you want to be. As you can see from my scores above, alot can happen either way in a couple months time.

P.S. By the way, I think I've decided that from now I am going to use only FICO scores to track my progress and forget the "personal credit scores" given by EX and TU, as I believe the FICO score to be the most reliable. Not to mention it is what the lender's use and the prize I have my eye on is a house by next spring, if not sooner xburnoutx

I talked to DH earlier tonight and he was quite perplexed in the big drop in our scores since we purchased our car on 5/17....all my info is posted above, anyone else have an explanation for a roughly 40 point drop in the FICO?

I thought I had a reasonable idea in my last post, but after talking to my hubby, 40 points does seem awfully steep for just the balances on our cc's being high and a couple inquiries. Could I be missing something?

Remember as you go along you are shaking loose past tradelines that even though are negative; in some cases can actually be contributing the to scores as well as hurting at the same time.

So as you go; you are shrinking your credit file, will look over some more; but that is the first thing that comes to mind.

We got the reply to our goodwill letter today, unfortunately it didn't work :cry: We were asking for NINE listings on DH's report, that were in reference to the same student loan, be removed a few months early (scheduled to stay on record until 11/04)

Here is the response we got and I would appreciate any advice anyone could offer on how to proceed now...my gut says to try with the CRA's as "Not mine." But maybe someone else here has a better idea.

Dear Mr. Almost_there,

I am in receipt of your letter regarding your student loan account and the Iowa College Student Aid Comission entries on your credit bureau report.

You receieved two subsidized and one unsubsidized Stafford Student Loans (guaranteed by the Commission) while you were attending xbeer2) college. Each of these loans had three disbursements. Student loans are reported to the credit bureau at the disbursement level by the Comission.

The Commission purchased your student loans as a default claim from your lender, Iowa Student Loan Liquidity Corporation (ISLLC) on November 21, 1997. The Comission began reporting your loans to the credit bureau 60 days after the claim purchase date. There should be nine ICSAC entries appearing on your credit bureau report to reflect your nine student loan disbursements. The Commission entries should reflect a paid status due to the fact that you obtained a Federal Consolidation Loan to pay your defaulted Stafford loans on Jan 27, 1999. Your credit bureau report should also reflect one entry for the consolidation by your current lender.

If the ICSAC entries on your credit bureau report do not reflect a paid status, you will need to file a consumer credit dispute with the appropriate credit bureau. The ICSAC entries will remain on your credit bureau report for a period of seven years from the date of purchase. These entries should be deleted from your credit bureau report in November 2004.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact our collection department at ***-***-****

Sincerely,

Blah, blah, blah

Associate Director of Claims and Collections

What is kind of funny is that we are now current with the original lender mentioned in the letter, ISLLC. Has been pays as agreed for the past 2 years. Too bad that doesn't carry more weight for us :?

I am sorry to hear that, looks like you ran into one smart person there up on the reporting side of things.

You are most likely right on deleting these with your scores being that low, it is just too much at this time, and can use some relief.

Here is a post I made covering score factors hope this helps you:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=301&highlight=

Well, when I checked the progress at Experian tonight, I see that I've already gotten some deletions! WooHoo! But unfortunately there are more remaining so far than deletions, but hopefully the ones that are still pending will be vanquished soon.

Here is the scoop from Experian...

Experian Disputed online, results due Aug. 8th

DH

7 out of 25 potentially negative disputed

1 deleted so far

3 remaining so far

3 still pending

Myself

11 out of 21 potentially negative disputed

3 deleted so far

5 remaining so far

3 still pending

I would've waited until I had the final results, but I was just so EXCITED to check in and see some progress that I just couldn't wait to share it!! I look at it this way, a few deletions are better than none at all. 8)

This is interesting. I told you my EX was only 496. That was when the mortgage person from the builder pulled it. Well 1 week later, when the bank pulled it (and they are the one that really counts), my EX was 531. Nothing changed. The only thing different that I can see is when it was first pulled, I had some deletions that were only 2 days old. Is it possible that fico takes a few days to catch up?

Don't quote me Db, because I honestly don't know, but it wouldn't suprise me one bit if it takes FICO a couple days, or perhaps even longer, to catch up. I'm not sure if I'm going to check my FICO's right away after these disputes are done or if I'm going to wait a few days or maybe even wait until I finish another round before checking them again. I mean, I know it must be improving because I am doing nothing to make them worse (well I guess getting some older tradelines removed might make it dip a bit) but I want to be sure that all the changes get a chance to be reflected before I go pulling my numbers and spend the money to do it....LOL if scores were free I'd probably be checking them daily :lol:

I feeeeel good nuh nuh nuh nuh

I knew that I would now!

So good! duh duh

So good! I've got some deletions!!!

I am walking on sunshine right now, as there are some major differences in my PG report from yesterday and the one I pulled today...it appears there have been some awesome deletions over at TU! Including ONE of those sleeping giants I didn't want to mess with!!!

I had some accounts mysteriously disappear without even disputing them...it must be true that if you get the address off, you can shake stuff loose without trying.

I'm doing my happy dance! xdancex

So far 7 disappearences and 1 re-appearance of an account that was gone yesterday and here today (I'm glad I decided to print yesterday's pull). Two of the accounts that went away I did not dispute.

More happy dancing! xdancex

Getting closer to my goals with each deletion!!! This rocks! xguitarx

My results message, I'll edit it as the final results come in. All results are in red.

Equifax Disputed online, results due Aug. 14

DH

FICO: 566 Post diputing score at PG(FAKO): 566

3 out of 4 collections in dispute

5 out of 25 tradelines in dispute, 2 deletions

9 out of 25 goodwill letter, sent 7/16, did not work

5 out of 25 in positive standing

2 out of 25 are sleeping giants (scheduled to fall off in Nov.)

9 Inquiries to be tackled in round 2

Myself

FICO: 549 Post Disputing score at PG(FAKO): 517

3 out of 3 collections in dispute, 1 deletion

11 out of 18 tradlines in dispute, 4 deletions

3 out of 18 in positive standing

2 out of 18 sleeping giants (scheduled to fall off in Nov.)

1 out of 18 DV, expecting results 8/21

11 inquiries to be tackled in round 2

Experian Disputed online, results due Aug. 8th. Done, waiting for new results

DH

7 out of 25 potentially negative in dispute

4 tradelines in good standing

9 out of 25 goodwill letter, sent 7/16, did not work

2 out of 25 sleeping giants, disappeared 8/9

all personal info updated over phone

Myself

11 out of 21 potentially negative in dispute, 5 deletions, 1 account updated

3 tradelines in good standing

2 out of 21 sleeping giants, disappeared 8/9

1 out of 21 DV, expecting results 8/21

all personal info updated over phone

TransUnion Disputed online, results due Aug. 9th, Done, waiting for new results

DH

Score: 493

5 bits of personal information in dispute, all personal info updated over phone

11 out of 23 in dispute

9 out of 23 goodwill letter, sent 7/16, did not work

1 out of 23 sleeping giant, disappeared from PG

4 in positive standing

4 Inquiries

Myself

Score: 488

3 bits of personal information in dispute, all personal info updated over phone

13 out of 15 in dispute, 5 deletions and 1 account updated

1 out of 15 sleeping giant

1 out 15 DV, expecting result on 8/21

4 in positive standing

5 Inquiries

I feeeeel good nuh nuh nuh nuh

I knew that I would now!

So good! duh duh

So good! I've got some deletions!!!

I am walking on sunshine right now, as there are some major differences in my PG report from yesterday and the one I pulled today...it appears there have been some awesome deletions over at TU! Including ONE of those sleeping giants I didn't want to mess with!!!

I had some accounts mysteriously disappear without even disputing them...it must be true that if you get the address off, you can shake stuff loose without trying.

I'm doing my happy dance! xdancex

So far 7 disappearences and 1 re-appearance of an account that was gone yesterday and here today (I'm glad I decided to print yesterday's pull). Two of the accounts that went away I did not dispute.

More happy dancing! xdancex

Getting closer to my goals with each deletion!!! This rocks! xguitarx

Somthing spooky must be going on between PG and the CRA's, because that darn sleeping giant reappeared on my report the very next day. Today though, it is GONE from both mine and DH's EX listings on PG and also from EX's website as well...I hope that means it is gone from there for good! I am going to print out copies of EX's reports though, just so I have some ammunition. I plan on digging for answers here. Sleeping giant is a GMAC account that for some reason appears on our reports twice, and now on DH's 3 times. They got silly account numbers though, hence the multiple listings, so I can use those for disputing. They are supposed to fall off in Nov, but now that I've checked and we are beyond SOL, I don't mind waking them up. They are SOL 8)

I was on cloud 9 when they first disappeared from TU on PG, now I know to restrain myself until I check things out more. Hopefully today on EX is the real deal.

Here's an update....

On Tuesday, I was informed by my brother and sister-in-law, whom I am grateful to be staying with, that I need to be out by the end of October! Now, I am working on this and I think I can get the extra time I need from them, but I am stepping up my housing goals nonetheless. I wasn't planning on trying to get a loan until Nov/Dec at the earliest...now it looks like I have to move full speed ahead. xburnoutx

The story about why they want me out is long, but boils down to my sis-in-law being stubborn. It's even more frustrating because this woman is my best friend since childhood, and I feel like if she forces me out before I'm ready that it's sort of a betrayal to me. She knows what DH and I are up against, and it's not just credit woes. There are other issues that we've been struggling with and I can't believe she would be so careless with me. We pay an equal part of the rent and groceries, I live in the basement and keep my mess to my space, I'm even approved to be added to the lease but haven't signed it yet. I've always recognized that this was their house, but I guess I foolishly assumed I was an equal partner.

So, I've talked to her over the past couple days, and DH too about our options. I am stressed out with credit repair as it is and now I need to get even more aggressive if I have to get out of here more quickly. I think it can be done, but even if we can get approved by October's end, we'll still have to look for a house and I expect that to take a little while due to DH's schedule, he's gone weeks at a time and we want to look together. This has me more stressed than usual. And now my sis-in-law is guilt tripping me about me needing more time.

I may have to move to a motel for awhile, or get a short term rental (I'd actually prefer a motel I think than deal with a landlord.) I'll work something out, I always do, but for a little while on Tuesday night I was ready to just give up and say to hell with it all. No time to loose now! Full speed ahead with Round 2! xburnoutx

DANG IT!!!! I messed up! Here I am, sitting here waiting for my resulting credit reports to come in and because of my living situation, having a temp. address, my mail gets forwarded. CRA's don't forward! They got sent back :evil:

All the progress I know about is from PG and calls to the CRA's, I have yet to see it 'on paper' That sucks. I just got off the phone with TU and they want proof of my brother's address now...BAH!!!

Looks like I may have to get a PO Box, because I do not want them getting this address (I just gave it to TU on the phone :( but she said they needed proof of it to add it to the file, I'm hoping that is true.)

I really don't want to spend the $ to buy them online, but I am getting antsy....guess I could just stick with PG xshotx

I'm getting lonely in this big thread all by myself...is there any body out there?

Yooooooohooooooooo

*echo* YooooooohoooooooooYooooooohoooooooooYooooooohoooooooooYooooooohoooooooooYooooooohoooooooooYooooooohooooooooo

Heeeeellllllloooooooooo?

*echo*

HeeeeelllllllooooooooooHeeeeelllllllooooooooooHeeeeelllllllooooooooooHeeeeellllllloooooooooo

Anybody?

*crickets chirping*

*Pulling at the sleeves of the other credit junkies*

Did you see my dispute results up there? How'd they look? Any comments?

*stomps off*

Well fine then!

(my lame, late night, need sleep attempt at humor on the message boards, I was only kidding ;) )

lol, I am here for you my friend. Had a power outage and couldn't get on for 7, read that 7 full hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its really mean of your sis n law aka best friend to do this to you and dh. It is hard to live with more than one family, but make the best of it when you have no choice.

I wish you the best of luck, and really hope you are able to get a loan.

We are going to be ready really soon ourselves. We will have to settle for a higher interest loan for the time being and refi in two years. Its our only option if we are going to get out of this apartment. Maybe you can do the same, take a higher interest loan and refin in 6 months or a year. Why don't you start looking for homes online at realtor.com and run them by dh when he is home? Maybe even check out a few inside and if you like, then take dh back with you. I know its hard, but you CAN do this. We are all behind you here, cheering you on.

Looks like I may have to get a PO Box, because I do not want them getting this address (I just gave it to TU on the phone :( but she said they needed proof of it to add it to the file, I'm hoping that is true.)

Son of a b!tch! My brother's address is on PG today under TU's personal info section...this is going to be a pain in my a$$. I guess I could try just calling back and saying that it isn't true, I mean it worked before to have it removed when it was showing as a former address.

On a side note, DH swung through the house today. Over the weekend, I found a house about 2 blocks away from my brothers place that I decided to drive him around and show him. He seemed interested, so we called the realtor who had a sign out front. I would want to see inside of course, but it's a very affordable house for our area. We may just see what we can do about it. We've both got "house fever" pretty bad and we would love to be in a house by Christmas for sure and the sooner the better ;)

Here's an interesting observation I made today...

I paid $50 towards one of my credit cards that must have hit today causing a one point difference in our credit scores. We both went up one point on our PG FAKO scores.

I'm at 518 (w00t!)

DH at 567 (can you hear the sarcasm in my typing)

All of the Round 1 deletions didn't move DH's score, but made mine drop about 21 points. I'll be happy to see what maxing out my Cap One and returning it and a $100 payment to it makes my scores do 8)

Hey, it all takes time. Have patience, though you do seem to have quite alot of it.

Hey, it all takes time. Have patience, though you do seem to have quite alot of it.

Thanks :) Of all my circle of friends, I am known as the patient one. It must show through here, too.