almost_there

My credit repair progress/dispute results

if you keep this in your email you can log back into this link

and it will be brought back to the front... and you can watch

your progress.... I was in the same boat as you and i am in

the 600's now.... on all three... each now has only 2 bad

items... so this really works..

I used ms money and put the amount of the total, used the interest and put it for 5 years.

Ahhh! I see! I was thinking of doing that, too. $1800 is quite a bit lower than his figure of $2500. Maybe I should offer $1250 and include in that offer a reminder about the electricity thing. If it weren't for our house, this man would be at the bottom of the list to pay, that's for sure.

I'll get to that, but right now I gotta get to work :( One of these days, I might have to take off and just work on this stuff again. I tend to need several hours whenever I am doing credit stuff xshotx

By the way, RJM is now GONE xdancex One down, a few more to go. I still have to get to the bottom of this Sprint thing (see my WTF thread) A new listing for them popped up on TU yesterday and I am fuming over that one! :evil:

I must be doing something wrong in Money trying to figure out the interest. Anyone else care to offer a mathmatically challenged person, like myself, some more advice?

I am using 2003, so not sure how to explain this to you. Go to compare loans, should be in tools, or something like that. Put the entire amount of the loan and the interest rate. I know in money 95 you can start with any date, if you can in 2001, put the date the judgment started. Do this for each loan, and then use months if you can for payment, and put 0 for the payment. It should show you what the amount will be at the end of the loan, then subtract your payments. It should give you a place to put each loan and the info in.

Ok, I found where to do that, but I must be slow today because I couldn't see the interest amount :speechless: I'm too tired to work on this now, but I have tomorrow afternoon off, so I will get to credit repair work then :D Yeah! (lol) I appreciate your help Sis, as always.

I am going to also take my husband's advice and call the court house. Ask them directly how the interest needs to be figured. If only he would've let the interest slip on by!

Good night all!

Well, tomorrow DH will have a big enough check that we could just pay the $1500 this guy wants from us. I'm still debating with myself over whether or not to pay up or negotiate some more.

I went and looked at 2 more houses tonight. I still want "the one" and have become disheartened by everyone advising me against it :( I know it's got issues, but too many things are still attracting us to it. Location, size, layout, etc. Which has led me to this...and people have suggested it already...build. We DO NOT want to live in a subdivision though, so we'll have to find our own lot to build one. I found one already that SCREAMED out to me off the website, check it out and you'll see why :)

http://prudentialpladson.com/searchSCAAR/index.cfm?action=listing_detail&property_id=41552&npp=1000&sr=1&return_link=favorites

I have ALWAYS wanted a stream! I just wonder how all this would work as far as financing goes. If I could get this lot, build a house similar to the fixer upper that we love, but without all the fixing, perfect! The location is just as good, too, from what I can tell because it's rural but close to town, just the way we like it :D I think I'll call around tomorrow and find out more about this one. And, if I decide to pay Mr. Evil off, then when I call the banks, I can say "all my judgments have been paid" and that would be a tremendous relief xdancex

On a side note, I'm starting to get responses for my inquiry "validations" So far, everyone wants more information. Citi bank wants a copy of my credit report! I laughed out loud when I got that request today. This ought to be fun :twisted:

How come you didnt just send inq letters as dispute to cra? It is much easier, and costs a lot less.

I love the land, its awesome. Don't know if you get snow, but boy, it would be pretty to look at.

They say it costs less to build, this could be the way for you to go. Can't hurt to look into it.

As for mr evil, offer him 1200, tell him take or leave it. We can't go any further. We want a house, but not that bad. Something like that. Call him and talk to him, put yourself near tears, he has to have some heart in there someplace.

How come you didnt just send inq letters as dispute to cra? It is much easier, and costs a lot less.

I guess I had a brain fart LOL I'm waiting for CHOD now.

I love the land, its awesome. Don't know if you get snow, but boy, it would be pretty to look at.

Central Minnesota. Of course we get snow ;) And you're right. God! I feel excited about this idea :mrgreen:

They say it costs less to build, this could be the way for you to go. Can't hurt to look into it.
If it is cheaper to build, well then there's my silver lining in things not working with the house we're stuck on now.
As for mr evil, offer him 1200, tell him take or leave it. We can't go any further. We want a house, but not that bad. Something like that. Call him and talk to him, put yourself near tears, he has to have some heart in there someplace.
I thought about pulling the infertility card on him, and that would make me cry for sure, but I don't know if I could do that in good conscious. I think I would feel guilty for using that for my own personal gain, ya know. Besides, that's such personal info to share with a cold hearted bitch like him. I'll figure something out though, and I'll be sure to keep you posted.

There is a builder here that will build you a house, 3 bedroom, not sure about a basment, with garage, for 70000 starting price. If you have friends in the business, that migth work too. There was this site that was for doing this, if you did some of the work on your own it was even cheaper, i will look for it.

Pull the card, its for the purpose of being able to get the children that you so desire, I think "he" will forgive you for it, if you can forgive yourself.

Case #1

Amount entered...$665.00 + costs totaling $716.50 with 6.918% interest from 6/15/99

We paid $175.00 so far (if exact dates are needed to figure this out, let me know and I'll dig them out)

Case #2

Amount entered...$$951.42 + costs totaling $997.92 with 7.670% interest from 12/10/99.

We paid only $75 on this one. I am not sure if we pay interest on the court fees too or not.

Ok, I just talked to the court house. Here is what I found out. The interest is ANNUAL. Court costs DO NOT draw interest. So, now I have some figuring to do. I'll see what I come up with. But I wanted to let you all know about how the court says the interest is calculated.

go ahead, Sis. See what you come up with. The lady at the court house said to figure it out for daily, it would be the annual amount divided by 365. But I tried doing it that way and it was WAY too complicated for me.

Ok, give or take cause the balance would have been a bit less after you made the payments, you should owe him around 2250.00 still, after your payment you made to him.

Ok, thanks Sis. I think I am just going to go for $1250, but have $1500 put away in case I need it. I am heading home to Iowa for the weekend now, so I'll see you all on Sunday again. have a great weekend folks!

An update on how I am coming along with this stuff :) New info is in blue.

Fed. Credit Corp $293- Paid to another CA and WAY past SOL - Currently being nutcased Now being discussed with an attorny for FDCPA violations, including calling me during the DV 30 day time frame and using the words "federal case number" as a reference to my account.

United Accounts $131 - SOL - Currently in DV, their time is up with no response

Professional Systems $403 - Settlement offer accepted, agreement to delete is in writingstill listed, but I DO have a UDF for this that says to delete it

GMAC $6002 - SOL and a duplicate listing thanks to transposed numbers - soon to be disputed as Not Mine

GMAC $6401 - SOL and due to be gone in about 2 months - ditto

GMAC $6002 - SOL and also a duplicate - ditto My report no longer lists anything for GMAC, but it's still on DH's report once, with EQ. It went from 1 to 0 on mine and down 3 to 1 on his. Due to be gone next month anyway :D

Berks Credit & Coll. $297 - Paid to another CA (It's the same debt as Federal Credit Corp.) Also, WAY past SOL - and also being nutcased.30 days are up tomorrow, no response

FNB of Brookings $479 - SOL - Used the OCDV approach, they can't find the account and would like more info. I didn't cooperate, they found the account but couldn't produce a signature, is that grouds for removal?

RJM Acquistions $187 - SOL - CA unable to DV and will delete Has been deleted

Fed. Credit Corp. $293 - Same as the first one listed

also being reviewed by an attorney

IC Systems $94 - offered to settle with deletion, waiting to hear their answerNo response

3 judgements - settlement offers have been made on all three, I owe $1800ish combined, offered $1250 - One offer has been acceptedOne offer is still being negotiated

SLFC past due $215

SLFC past due $209, BS and the good standing letter that is on it's way can hopefully prove it :wink:I faxed CSC my letter, waiting for them to have their precious 30 days to verify something that could be done in 5 minutes:(

As you can all see, I have had like no responses really to my DV requests. 30 days have come and gone, now what? These are almost all past SOL, unvalidated accounts, what is the best thing I can do now to get them gone? Only one, FNB Brookings, is an OC and the rest are all CA's if that helps. GMAC is gone next month *w00t!* so I am not even worrying about that one anymore, but I think I might go after it in CHOD just because I feel like it, well if it's still there when I get ready for CHOD anyway :lol:

Oh and by the way, I just had to add this...when DH was home last weekend, he said it finally dawned on him that everything we set out to do 5 years ago when he started trucking, we have nearly done. All our old bills are paid or have gone bye-bye (thanks to this board ;) ) Our judgments are all settled or will be within the next week or so, the money for it is in the bank. We have 2 cc's, both over a year old, with perfect history. We have money in savings. We own a very nice car, much nicer than we ever thought we'd afford when all of this started. Our student loans are under control. All we need now to truly complete this picture is a house and some children to fill it :) I wrote my husband a note once that said "loving you is like watching my dreams come true." This board and everyone here also helped our dreams come true. We're as close as we've ever been to being where we want to be, and it feels WONDERFUL My credit file is getting skinnier and skinnier every month! It's a great feeling to make progress and be aware of that progress. This board has truly changed my life :) Thanks everyone!

Hey almost, glad to see you update, I wonder about you often.

Next step will be to send the follow up letter, you can find a good one at my site. For the oc, I will look for a second letter to send them as well.

Keep up the good work, you are almost there!!!!