almost_there

My credit repair progress/dispute results

Good news! Called the CRA's today to snoop around. GMAC, Newport News and Sprint (Gulf State Credit) were all deleted from TU and my new report is on it's way! Yeah!

My student loans were corrected at EQ on Tuesday :), although I see no change yet on PG :( I can't wait to see my new/corrected score!!!!

I applied again for a mortgage as soon as I heard my student loans were fixed. The lender is going to let me know my scores as soon as she can, I'll be sure to post them. I saw some improvement on my PG score just from paying down my cc balances, but of course only real FICO is going to matter when trying to get a loan.

I'll get my list of items I'm still working on posted soon, I've gotta start rounding up my stuff for CHOD ;)

Thank you, ladies!

Checked PG today...the account that I have the UDF for that was to be deleted is now gone w00t! xdancex

However! My student loans are still saying past due on EQ! WTH!? :!::?:xSteaminx I will call around about this total BS and see what I can dig up for a reason that it still says that.

I'll let you know when I get my new scores later today, too.

Whooooo hoooooooo almost. I have been praying for you each night. Well each night I remember to pray!!! Asking god to see his way to help you and dh get a home and adopt the children you so would love and cherish.

How was your trip home? Hope it was good. Things going better with sis n law? A bit calmer maybe? Have not seen you say much about it in the last week or two.

Whooooo hoooooooo almost. I have been praying for you each night. Well each night I remember to pray!!! Asking god to see his way to help you and dh get a home and adopt the children you so would love and cherish.

Thank you so much! It is very deeply, and sincerely, appreciated.

How was your trip home? Hope it was good. Things going better with sis n law? A bit calmer maybe? Have not seen you say much about it in the last week or two.

It was great! Had a wonderful time. And about my sis-in-law, I'll type up a note about that in Off Topic, ok.

New scores as of 10/9/03

Me and DH

EQ...567 and 609

TU...581 and 614

EX...544 and 601

Up from the scores dated 8/28/03

EQ...554 and 606

TU...510 and 605

EX...474 and 591

As you can see, my EX and TU went up quite a bit. I'm happy, but not dancing for joy until I can get more stuff off and hit a good score for mortgage rates, including APR and insurance rates.

Good job almost, the numbers are all almost over 600. Your gonna want around 660 to get the better rates. I have some info I can email to you about scores and interest rates and stuff if you want to see it.

You just need to work a bit more on the rebuilding end and I think you can shoot your numbers up where you need them. All three over 600 should get you an approval.

Uh oh! I called the court house to check if my settled judgement was showing as satisfied yet or not. It's not :( So, I called the bank to see if the settlement money order has cleared yet. It has not been cashed :( Then I tried calling the plantiff, Mr. nice Guy. No answer and no answering machine to leave a message on :( I don't know what to think. His wife signed for the check, sent CRRR, on Sept. 18. Why wouldn't they cash it? Maybe they got the check and then went on vacation to Alaska for a month, who knows, but this has me worried. He signed our offer so I hope that means that he can't change his mind. But if he had changed his mind I think he would've said so. He has our name and address. This sucks!

In other credit news, EQ has STILL not updated my student loans to show they are not past due. I am going to call them every day and bug the crap out of them. This is just ridiculous!

This just in from TU:

All 3 judgements DELETED!!!!

:BigDance:

2 paid CA's DELETED!!

:woohoo:

All that remains, negatively, on my TU report is 1 paid CA, 1 CA that is being dealt with by my attorney, and 4 student loan listings, 2 of which are now pays as agreed for the past 16 months. Everything else on there is my good stuff! It looks like all my hard IQ's are gone, too. Unless they didn't include the hards on my report. All IQ's on the report I got today are softs. I'm so excited. To have all my judgments deleted, who could ask for anything more? :party:xguitarx

An update, since I am getting back to credit repair, have a few dings to hammer out. This is more for my own reference, but feel free to follow along.

Equifax

DH

FICO: NA

More info coming soon

Myself report pulled 4/4/05

FICO: NA

3 public records, all paid and due to remain until 12/06

6 accounts in good standing, one of my current student loans is missing :?

2 negatives and 1 "negative" that is closed (the 2 student loans that refuse to be gone should always go together but somehow they got split up so both show as closed, but one is listed in the negative account history)

1 IQ - I will be disputing that, it was a CA

NO COLLECTIONS *w00t*

Experian

DH

Score: NA

More info coming soon

Myself report pulled 4/4/05

3 public records, all paid and due to remain until 12/06

5 negatives consisting of

-2 student loans that have been current since 3/03

-2 student loans that I just couldn't shake loose, will be gone 12/05

-1 charge off as of 2/05 (plan to offer a pay for delete as soon as I can afford to make the offer)

4 positives (noticed my 2 Cap 1 accounts, where I am joint with DH aren't listed :cry: )

NO Collection accounts *w00t*

3 IQ's

TransUnion

DH

more info coming soon

Myself

Waiting for report via snail mail

My plan to better credit

*Continuing to pay my positives on time

*Paying down my balances to get them to 25% or less ultilization

*Using my credit repair repair skills to fix anything that we messed up on since buying our house

and while I'm at it

*Using those same skills, learned on this board, to sue people that violate my rights as a consumer, and they can contribute to my financial improvement 8)

This just in: We're working on trying to refinance mortgage #2/home equity/find a new plan that makes more sense for us. So, I've been doing some research, checking on some different offers and options and I had a lender pull our credit yesterday. Our scores came in at

ME: 614

DAN: 623

We were 1 POINT short, on this lenders model, of getting 7% Their model had us at 89% and for that rate we would need to be a 90% :( We were told if we just pay some of our TL's down, or off and close a few, we'd be looking great.

A couple options we have right now are to:

1) get less money at a higher rate now, and he would want us to refinance in no more than 6 months...as he put it "buy our credit back"

2) keep struggling to try and make all our monthly payments now, try to improve things without taking a loan and see how long we can survive or if we can improve things enough in that time to get the better rates

3) I had an idea to take a 401(k) loan, low interest and we pay it back to ourselves anyway, pay off, close, and reduce the balances on our TL's and try for the better rates sooner rather than later.

4) the same lender I've been talking to also owns the loan on our car, it sounds like we might be able to re-write that loan with lower interest, possibly a longer term (which I'm not too sure I want to do, but we'll see) in order to reduce the current monthly payment, which is $388 a month! :shock: I'd love to have that reduced.

Will keep posting my progress.

Reading back on this makes me want to cry. My last post on this thread was right before I had my baby girl...my most wanted and longed for dream.

She was born May 10th. The refinance got pushed to the back burner. We did take a 401(k) loan, that mostly got spent on things we needed for her, and by August, we'd meet our adopted daughter and got started on that process....meanwhile we let our mortgage slip a little and then a little more, and a little more...the same week the baby turned one, we were at the courthouse filing our 13....the very same week.

This just makes me want to cry because in the process of seeing my dreams come true, I'm now seeing them slip away. But I guess it just serves as a reminder to me that #1) My kids and my family are my home, no matter what house we live in and #2)don't get so caught up serving one area of life that you let the others fall.

thanx so much for posting ur journey it has been a personal inspiration to me. in this forum i only include tidbits of my credit q's & concerns, but almost in ur format i have poster size post-it notes tacked to the wall with TU, EX, & EQ tracking all of my disputes, failures, & progress (mostly lack of):D when i first read in one of ur GW ltrs that u were trying to adopt i thought u were just adding that for leverage on ur debt, but after reading ur complete thread, i'm blown away. CONGRATULATIONS on ur new addition to the family, i'm a foster mom myself & i know how special a child can be.

Happy Holidays & i wish u much success!

I feel good to know that my story is a help to other people....unfortunately for our family, we've just learned that we've been victimized by mortgage servicing fraud and will most likely be driven out of our home. Although I know my rights and won't just take this lying down, it still hurts like hell and we feel very traumatized right now. We've been doing everything we can to do the right thing, to pay our debts and save our home, when in fact the mortgage servicers probably never had ANY intention of letting us succeed. We walked right into their scam. Now, my journey takes a whole new direction and I'll be back to rebuilding credit we should've never lost. And as a foster parent yourself, you may be able to relate to the outrage I feel that this total abuse of the financing industry will displace my adopted daughter once again - although this time she'll have her family beside her and helping her pack and be going to the same new location, how dare they force yet another move on her!! Her life's been disrupted enough and now this! This is all extremely emotionally charged right now, I keep having crying spells and my husband and I can't sleep very well. But, like I said in the first line, I appreciate knowing that my story has inspired you and I definately wish you all the best in your own journey, in credit and as a fellow foster parent.