Company showing Bankruptcy on Report-Never Filed!!

Boobeans

I was just looking over my credit report and QVC put that it was Included in bankruptcy, Account History:Discharged Through BK Ch 7, 11, or 12 on 02/28/1999. I have never filed for bankruptcy, do credit card companys think that I filed because of that?? Also bankruptcy is on a report for 10 years and it says it This account is scheduled to continue on record until 11-2003, so if they are treating this as a true bankruptcy it has already been on my report for 9 years.

Is there anything I can do about this? I don't think it's fair that they can put whatever they want without Experian checking. :evil:

The CRAs are nothing more than a warehouse for information given to them by your creditors. It is not up to them to verify the correctness of that information prior to it going on your report. It is only their responsibility to verify information with your creditors that you believe is incorrect via dispute, but only after the fact.

In your case, it would be in your best interest to get in touch with QVC directly and get this resolved immediately. It could be nothing more than a typo courtesy of one of their reps, and there's no need to wait 30 days for the CRAs to follow their protocol. If it doesn't look like you're getting the proper help from their 1-800 reps, get a hold of someone in corporate. This is usually their Consumer Affairs, or Director of Compliance.

Yes, this information is visible to your creditors, but given it seems it hasn't affected you up to this point, it sounds like something that was just recently erroneously added to your report. Just don't apply for credit until this situation is resolved. Demand removal of the information with all major repositories they report to.

Once the info is removed, you can contact any creditor that denied you and have your application reviewed again. This is usually good for up to 30 days after the denial. After 30 days, you usually have to re-apply for credit.

Was this QVC account yours? or were you an authorized user?

No they should not be reporting 10 years on a regular tradeline; but you want to call QVC like Doc says and get this resolved! So it don't come back to bite you later.

Was this QVC account yours? or were you an authorized user?

No they should not be reporting 10 years on a regular tradeline; but you want to call QVC like Doc says and get this resolved! So it don't come back to bite you later.

Yes the account was mine. There was only a $90 balance when it went into collections, I kick myself for not paying it but I was young and really didn't think one little credit score would affect my life so much. I have filed a dispute, if they do remove it should I still call QVC? I wasn't aware that it would hurt me that much. I have had bad credit for almost 8 years now, most are starting to drop off but I still have a few that just won't go away. Hospital bills and Monkey Ward are the ones that are killing me. At one time I had close to 15 accounts in collections but after waiting the long 7 years I am getting on them to have a bunch of stuff removed. Trans Union has been great, I only have 3 hospital bills and Monkey Ward on that report as for the others I am working on cleaning those up.

I wish I would have found this board a long time ago. I have learned so much in the last 3 weeks. This really is a great place to help people with credit problems :D

Well if you disputed this already and it gets deleted then the deal is done for the most part.

The reason though for contacting the creditor; is that for the extention of credit there are special reports that if you apply for a loan exceeding $150,000 the creditor has the option to order one of these special reports and possibly see this tradeline showing as included in bankruptcy.

That is what I meant about it coming back later to bite you. If you get on the ball now, the creditor will be the one to remove and update as an error on their part. I am just not totally sure about these other types of credit reports since I have not see one of these or if I had did not realize it.

That is what I meant about it coming back later to bite you. If you get on the ball now, the creditor will be the one to remove and update as an error on their part. I am just not totally sure about these other types of credit reports since I have not see one of these or if I had did not realize it.