Negotiating Payoff and Trade lines

Fade to Black

Six accounts charged -off

Discover

Citibank <2 accounts>

Bank of America

Bank One <First USA Bank>

US Bank

I want to send them a settlement letter with the condition to change the trade line to at least "PAID". Has anyone had any luck attempting this? Whom exactly should I contact? I'm leary of calling the customer service numbers and I am not sure if I send a letter to the same address as payments it will get to the right person. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

For them to report paid is not something which you have to negotiate; this is their responsibility automatically when you pay.

What people negotiate for is: settlement (less then full balance) and agreement to not sell the debt / and also to update the CRAs to delete.

Or payment in full and update the CRAs to delete.

If you do pay you should always get confirmation of your agreement in writing that should they fail to update; then it is just a matter of you forwarding the letter to the CRAs.

Make sure that the letter is LetterHead with their company information; and signed by personnel there for the CRAs to accept and make the update.

I want to send them a settlement letter with the condition to change the trade line to at least "PAID". Has anyone had any luck attempting this? Whom exactly should I contact? I'm leary of calling the customer service numbers and I am not sure if I send a letter to the same address as payments it will get to the right person. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Have you disputed these with the CRA's? Have you sent them letters stating incorrect reporting? What have you done so far?

Swede,

Yes, I have disputed these with the CRA's as not mine. I have not received a response yet. I also want to try and send validation letters to the OC's because I have read that you can do that in California. I understand that I must wait for a response from the CRA's first. I am just trying to formualate a game plan.

Swede,

Yes, I have disputed these with the CRA's as not mine. I have not received a response yet. I also want to try and send validation letters to the OC's because I have read that you can do that in California. I understand that I must wait for a response from the CRA's first. I am just trying to formualate a game plan.

Remember if you are in Calif. You don't have to pay after 4 yrs. ... And I believe it is ILLEGAL for them to collect after 4yrs. If they send you a bill you might have them on a FDCPA violation: Check with the following members on that: RETMAR,NINER849, TECHGODDESS!!!

So, if you are in CALI, make sure you know which debts are 4 YRS+.

Swede,

Remember if you are in Calif. You don't have to pay after 4 yrs. ... And I believe it is ILLEGAL for them to collect after 4yrs. If they send you a bill you might have them on a FDCPA violation: Check with the following members on that: RETMAR,NINER849, TECHGODDESS!!!

So, if you are in CALI, make sure you know which debts are 4 YRS+.