Fraud Alert!!!

credithound

Be careful about the advertisement to by the electronic book "Boost Your Credit Scores in 24hrs." I purchased this about a month ago.

The author claims that if your dispute your items that the CRA's will boost your score while it is in dispute. I tried and no good!

They also say things that are not new and anyone could do some of the basic things about credit.

:x

credithound

The fact of the matter with disputing & scores: If you dispute an item which was hurting your credit score then yes you can sometimes see the scores go up. Often times people dispute items that have mixed results that contributed as well as hurt the socres. Example would be lates.

Lates are only one side of the tradeline; there is still the history; utilization; and such. I see people disputing these a lot to find out the hard way that it actually hurt the scores.

Most times; items can be contributing something to the credit score and at the same time be hurting. But when you are trying to clean up your credit, sometimes it is more important to get rid of what you know looks negative no matter what the score reflects just so you can have a clean slate to rebuild again. - ok.