Know your adversary

planner2

I am sure all of knowledge are aware, but this site is humorous.

I love the posting about getting the debtor a false “hardship application” with the intentions of gathering the financial data to used latter.

Or even the posting about promising not to call their work number if it is provided (but latter using the info to attach wages).

These collectors think we are so so dumb. Please take this advice; do not talk to any collector, anything worthwhile can be handled in a letter.

http://www.collectionindustry.com/forum/index.cfm

The funny thing is, a lot of these collectors act like their credit is perfect. The majority of them have problems similar to if not worse than ours, but they choose to point fingers instead.

I read the thread on validation and the consensus is that if a consumer fails to respond to a collection notice, they admit guilt. This, of course, is in direct violation of the FDCPA, but then again, who are we? We don't know anything. HA HA HA.

I noticed a few familiar names on that site as well.... :D

I love the posting about getting the debtor a false “hardship application” with the intentions of gathering the financial data to used latter.

Or even the posting about promising not to call their work number if it is provided (but latter using the info to attach wages).

These collectors think we are so so dumb. Please take this advice; do not talk to any collector, anything worthwhile can be handled in a letter.

http://www.collectionindustry.com/forum/index.cfm

That's very good advice, and it's a shame that so many people don't know any better and actually talk (as opposed to write) with collectors.

The bait-and-switch tactics you mentioned above have been used for a long time, and I would suspect it led in part to the required "This is an attempt to collect a debt. ANY information will be used for that purpose," statement.

Is this the buzz-saw from the older version board???

Yes, finally. After weeks and weeks of pure hell (password not working, new password assigned by account no longer exist, newly created accounts disappearing, and scores of other forum glitches), I'm back.