Sign in to follow this  
planner2

What was your last straw before BK 7

Ran outta credit, I made the horrible mistake of paying off other credit with credit, and then the collectors began to harass, when i started to fall behind on my vehicle payment, enough was enough. I almost had a heart attack when I totaled up my cc debt, I thought I was around 40K but NOOOO I was up to around 70K. I was devastated, had no other option. I'm still pretty dissappointed with myself. I am fortunate to have my vehicle and house at this point, but who knows I still have not got my discharge, scheduled to be out mid August. I'm learning a helluva lot reading these boards, Thanks Everyone!!

mine was from a uninsured motor accident in 2001 and the insurance companys were going for judgements of 15k total and suspending my wa state dl so i had to stop that and stop a wage garnishment

The last straw before my BK7 -

I tried to arrange payments with a CA but they had already sent the bill onto their lawyer and said I would have to pay the bill in full + their fees + the lawyer's fees adding up to over $1000 on a $382 bill. My credit was already shot. I'd already been previously garnished earlier that year (by the same CA), So I told them- "I'll race you to court" and was able to clear off all my other bills as well. (Just in case anybody is thinking about BK, I don't recommend letting any creditor know anything before filing. I also don't recommend a BK13 under any circumstances.)

Does it really matter if I tell a CA that I will be filing BK? I told one of my CA's that if they try to get a judgement, I will file for BK cause there's nothing stopping me. So far, they haven't done anything (been about 2 months so far). I think they knew that I wasn't bluffing either, cause I've been considering the idea since the start of this year but haven't been pushed over the edge yet. But if I was wrong in doing this, please tell me. I'm still only a novice when it comes to CA's.

Got into a car accident while underinsured, lost my driver's license, and had a choice, pay $60.000+ for their totally bogus med. bills or file bankruptcy to get my license back. Let's see, i was 20 yr old, a single mother and out of work, what choice did i have? I kick myself still for my past mistakes. Man, i WISH i could've had fun charging up credit cards and buying stuff, i didn't get to do that!! DAMN!! :oops:

Anyway, needless to say, i have car insurance, and ALWAYS will!!!

Starving to try and pay 3 probably illegal high interest mortgages. Found a packet of crackers under the couch and it was like I found $1000. Lost 15 lbs. in 2 weeks.

Also cutting down or stopping some medications because it was buy them or pay these jerks. We were never, ever late paying, but the cost to us physically and emotionally was just too much.

Should have never let it get that far but we wanted to do the right thing. Plus the stigma of BK. Never again.