Sign in to follow this  
kjunior

irs

Hello everyone, i filed chapter 7 June 2, 2003. i included my 97 and 98 income taxes. Irs did not show up at my 341, but i recieved a letter in the mail monday about a payment plan of $124 monthly. I was told that taxes over 3 years old could be dishcarged through bk. i don't understand why i'm getting this information in the mail. I included 97, 98, 2000 taxes. i know that i maybe responsible for 2000, but was certain 97, 98 would be discharged. I contact my attorney on tuesday about th eletter. they told e to send it to them, but in the meantime what does this look like to you guys. !st of all i didn't think they could even contact me while the chapter 7 is going on. I didn't think they could contact me until after i recieved my discharg papers in September.

Even the IRS has to abide by the automatic stay !

See what your lawyer says first, but you are correct, taxes due for returns 3 years or older can be discharged !!

Thanks LadyNred. i knew they had to abide by the same rules. I don't mind paying the 2000 taxes.

I also have a question about my reports. I am only seeing the chapter 7 show up in public records on my experian report no others, nor do i see any tradelines included in bk. Does this mean they won't show up on my reports until sept. once i recieve the discharge? I found a few more bills that i want to do amatrix on and include in my chapter 7. The only thing is i brought them to work with me yesterday along with the irs letter to send to my attorney. I can't find any of the info that i need to send. What should i do. I'm going absolutely crazy. i am ready to get this stuff past me so i can start over fresh. My dish network, and irs letter (bills) are the ones i cant find. I've looked every where sine 7 am this morning, but i can't find anything. Wow!!! i can't believe this is happening now.