Sign in to follow this  
Xanathos

Settlement reached, do I want to sign and submit this?

Ok, TU finally gave in to all my demands(and then some...not quite sure how I pulled *that* off), and they sent me some form that I have to sign and submit to the court for.. well.. I'll copy it below and let someone tell me about it.

My question is: Do I want to sign and submit this right now? I don't have a check in hand or anything, and I have nothing set in writing on the amount in question, they said they come up with that later. But this letter here apparently gives me the right to re-file within 60 days or some such if they don't come through...I dunno, I'm lost. THis isn't exactly the contract I had in mind when the dude said he was faxing me over something, I thought it would have dollar amounts in it or something. But on the other hand I can see why they would want to get this out of the way fast.. our court date is tomorrow morning, 8:45 am.

Anyhow, here it is:

VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL

Having reached an amicable resolution to the above matter, Plaintiff, pro se respectfully requests this action be DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE pending execution of a Release and delivery of settlement funds.

If no further motion is filed within 60 days of this Order, Dismissal of this action shall be with prejudice.

SO ORDERED,

, J.

SUBMITTED BY:

(MY NAME HERE)

Plaintiff, pro se

Is this a standard thing? Is this a bad thing? Being hoodwinked, am I or am I just being paranoid?

It looks like they gave you an option to refile if they don't live up to their end of agreement. You might check with courthouse on rights of refiling, but they probably can't give "legal advice". You also might give the guy a call and ask him to fax agreement with dollar amount and other terms, and you will fax him signed agreement to dismiss or file with court. Hopefully one of the legal experts will see this in time for you to get it done before court date. Congrats and good luck.

Aye, hoping against hope that Cala shows up :p. I've only got about 2 1/2 hours before I have to make up my mind, cause I've got work to do today...I like the option to refile, but I'm kinda worried(I'm a very paranoid person) that perhaps by filing this, they'll disregard me for another 2 months until I file again and have to start this whole process over again...I don't wanna have to start over, obviously.. this whole thing has been trying enough on my stress levels as it is--though I'm a damn sight more educated in an awful lot of laws now than I was when I filed it, lol.