Sign in to follow this  
ADSOFT

Help Calawyer: SOL in Cali Question:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=492 .... The Calif. thread.

Calawyer

We need your help to clear something up. We started the CALI thread again because it got lost in the transfer to this new board.

Retmar, Niner849, Techgoddess and myself are confused on a certain issue.

We know in California it is illegal to misprersent the ENFORCEABILITY of a written debt after the 4yr SOL, which basically means they(CA'S and OC'S) can't threaten to take you court!!! Right????

But since a BILL/DEBT is unenforcable after 4yrs, is it illegal(violation of both/either FDCPA and Rosenthal Act) to send a bill to somebody or even attempt to collect after 4 yrs. So, if somebody sends you a bill after 4 yrs are they breaking the law!!

Also, since validating a debt on a CR is considered collection activity, if you request that an OPEN CO be removed from your report, due to 4yr SOL, must it be removed by the CA?????

We have been wrestling with that question for about a week. ... you might be proud of the research we have done, but at this point we are stumped.

Thanks In Advance.

Adsoft:

Sorry for the time delay. I have been travelling a lot lately and I'm about to head out again. This issue is something I have thought about and it will take me longer than the normal post to respond. I'll try to do so next week when I return.