3. Sent Estoppel letter to CA

4. Received back in two days a letter that states:

a. We do not currently have the required information

b. We will stop all collection activity

c. This account will no longer be active in our system

5. Send dispute to EQ after receiving letter 2 weeks ago

6. Today, EQ verifies and my score drops 30 Point

7. I'm VERY angry and call CA

8. CA swears up and down that they didn't verify and that they actually couldn't verify, as the information is locked in the system and the account can't even be pulled up to verify.

OK, so I'm sending a procedural, ITS to CSC/Equifax today. This just burns my A*! though.

The worst part is, is that I was tempted to send the CA letter which admitted they couldn't validate when I first disputed to EQ so this very thing wouldn't happen.

Does anyone else think these CRAs only actually verify about 40% of the time? What makes this particular verification even more dubious is that the CA hasn't updated since April and no additional charges were added in the 3 months since they reported in April. Now, it's showing the same balance from April being reported in July. No CA doesn't add on AT LEAST allowable interest per month, do they?

Thanks for letting me vent!

:)

I hear ya! I have a serious problem with Equifax. I don't think they even actually read the letters I send them. I've sent several procedurals to them, they treat my letters as disputes and only send me a letter stating that the account is verified. I also sent them several letters requesting them to delete a duplicate account they were reporting, even stating that I'm not disputing that the account is mine, only that it is a duplicate and one needs to be removed, each time they treated that as a dispute also and would send me the same "verification" letter, leaving the duplicated accounts on my file. I eventually had to call them and explain to them, as I would to a second grader, that the account was duplicated, they finally got it and removed one. Reading your post confirms my suspicions that they aren't reading anything I send them. Gosh they stink!

I hear ya! I have a serious problem with Equifax. I don't think they even actually read the letters I send them. I've sent several procedurals to them, they treat my letters as disputes and only send me a letter stating that the account is verified. I also sent them several letters requesting them to delete a duplicate account they were reporting, even stating that I'm not disputing that the account is mine, only that it is a duplicate and one needs to be removed, each time they treated that as a dispute also and would send me the same "verification" letter, leaving the duplicated accounts on my file. I eventually had to call them and explain to them, as I would to a second grader, that the account was duplicated, they finally got it and removed one. Reading your post confirms my suspicions that they aren't reading anything I send them. Gosh they stink!

I had to jump in here. I 've had good experiences with equifax, I've done all my disputes verbally. Of course the problem is if I ever had to go to court I'm SOL. I would try faxing and calling as a combination and have them mail you results. I do have all the results of my investigations, but I'm not sure if I can prove what specifcally I disputed????

Just thought I would throw that in!!!