Providian

SHEPER

I had written Providian a letter to please remove a 30 day late pay in a goodwill letter , their reply was that under the fair credit reporting act that are require to report only accurate information and they were unable to delete late pay . where did they find that at . they have missreported my balance 3 months in a row which has made my credit score 70 points lower . this is at a time when im trying to buy a new home any ideals

I got providian to bend! i swear 2 CR's are done with them and EX has a dispute about thier lates right now. You can do it. Beg and plead. Annoy them w/ your sob story. It's definitely who receives your letter. The true rule is the can't change if they are correct. It can be changed cause they did it for me. Iam very confident after a couple tries you'll get the lates to go bye bye!

Good luck and keep the chin up!

EDubb007 :twisted:

Good Will Letter

When Sears erases the late pay notations they call that a "goodwill adjustment"; they actually have a department whose job it is to review such requests among other things. A customer service rep subsequently told me that they have certain parameters they evaluate before granting the "goodwill adjustment" which are: no goodwill adjustments in the last 24 months, the length of time you've had the account, length of time since delinquency (at least 18 to 24 months), and how well you have maintained the account since the delinquency. In any event, you can request your "goodwill adjustment" by phone. Either you'll get the "goodwill adjustment" or not, it is just one more way to help clear up your credit.

Regarding: Account No. XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Student Loan Creditor X

ATTN: Credit Bureau Reporting Desk

Fax (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Dear Account Manager:

I am writing a letter about my experience with XXXXXX that is a mixture of a grateful "thank-you" and a pressing request concerning a loan in my credit files that I sincerely hope to have revised.

I received a Student Loan in 1994, through XXXXXX, and was able to obtain a Bachelors Degree in XXXXXXXXXXX. Unfortunately, several years later, I lost my only paying job with a wife and 2 children to care for. I became disorganized with respect to, as you saw, making timely payments. In December of 1997, I filed a petition for a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. However, a few years later, I fully recognized my responsibility with respect to payable accounts and have worked diligently to rehabilitate my relationship with XXXXXX since that time.

To be honest, that year was a "wake-up" call for me regarding fiscal organization. Since then I believe I have learned the essential organizational and financial management principles I desperately needed in 1997.

We are about to shop for a mortgage, and it has come to my attention that the late notations and the “reported non-payments” since 1997 on my Student Loan may preclude me from taking full advantage of the very lowest interest rates now available. Since those notations do not reflect my current status with xxxxx, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising those trade lines. If my memory serves me correctly, I have made the minimum payment of $83, in a timely manner since late 1999. I sincerely hope that there is redemption at xxxxxx, and I beg you for such consideration. I wish to thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to receive a College education and for giving me a second chance at a relationship with you, one that I am determined to keep spotless.

Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

Very hopefully yours,

Helpwanted