Bankruptcy and Tradelines

swferguson

I filed BK7 in 1997 and BK13 in 2000. Both show up under Public Information but then each account that was listed under my BK 7&13 are also listed individually and shows that it was included in my bankruptcy. Should I try and get some removed? Would that increase my scores? Is it even possible to remove any of them?

Yes, just like with anything else contained in your credit report you can dispute these, you start out as "no knoledge of account",

They have 30 days to investigate, if no response is received from the source of the information, then the CRAs have to delete - now mind you it can still be added back in after the 30 days, but the CRAs must give you written notice within 5 days, otherwise you write back in and point out the fact that they missed their window to notify you of the re-insertion.

Best of wishes,