Inquiry removal by phone?

dchap

I had 8 inquiries from the same company, CREDCO. They are from various auto dealerships who use this company to pull credit.

I called EQ and said, "Hey, these arent mine, I have no idea where they came from."

They started an investigation and got back to me within a week, and the rest is history.... :p

I was able to dispute my inquiries over the phone and online. I disputed experian on the internet and all were deleted. I disputed equifax and transunion on the phone. The key to transunion is you have to be extremely nice to the phone person, and the phone person has to be a nice person in a good mood to put in the dispute. I have gotten a few not so nice ones on the phone and they refused to dispute them. So you just have to keep trying.

Unless they have changed their policies recently, Equifax/CSC does investigate inquiries. They have deleted every inquiry I have disputed.

EX and TU do not. However, for those who have gotten inquiries removed over the phone, that is the result of "smooth talking".

Some folks are gifted with the art of smooth talking. They can get Eskimos to buy ice from them. While other people suck when it comes to jawboning and those are the folks that cannot sell water to people in the desert.

Smooth talking can make impossible things happen like getting TU and EX to delete inquiries over the phone. More power to you people although I wouldn't buy a used car or water front property in Florida from you.

I consider my smooth talking skills to be at an intermediate level (except when I was back in my single days when it was at an exceptional level). It is truly an art and those individuals are blessed to have such skills.

[Edit by Ravenous Wolf on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 @ 10:08 PM]

So I was wondering if I should wait until I get the disputed items to come off my CR. I am in round two with EQ and TU with disputed items so that is why I was wondering wether to wait untill they are clear or if they can be attempted while the items are under investigation?

DC

<blockquote>Originally posted by Ravenous Wolf

Unless they have changed their policies recently, Equifax/CSC does investigate inquiries. They have deleted every inquiry I have disputed.

EX and TU do not. However, for those who have gotten inquiries removed over the phone, that is the result of "smooth talking".

Some folks are gifted with the art of smooth talking. They can get Eskimos to buy ice from them. While other people suck when it comes to jawboning and those are the folks that cannot sell water to people in the desert.

Smooth talking can make impossible things happen like getting TU and EX to delete inquiries over the phone. More power to you people although I wouldn't buy a used car or water front property in Florida from you.

I consider my smooth talking skills to be at an intermediate level (except when I was back in my single days when it was at an exceptional level). It is truly an art and those individuals are blessed to have such skills.

[Edit by Ravenous Wolf on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 @ 10:08 PM]

</blockquote>

lol!! tHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING i HAVE EVER READ!! lol!!

<blockquote>Originally posted by DChap

So I was wondering if I should wait until I get the disputed items to come off my CR. I am in round two with EQ and TU with disputed items so that is why I was wondering wether to wait untill they are clear or if they can be attempted while the items are under investigation?

DC

Would recommend waiting; otherwise the CRA might just take this as an excuse to extend their investigation period.

</blockquote>