Questions...

ALF

Thanks to this site, my credit has been vastly improved from when I started about 4 months ago. However, I have a couple of questions for the board:

1) I had disputed an collection account with Calvary Investments (a CA). The account is over 5 years old. They came off all 3 reports, however, EX says that it still remains on the report even though it does not show it anywhere on the report (that seems very strange to me; I think that it may be cloaked or something!). They (the CA) have just sent me a letter stating that they purchased this account and that I may request the validity of this account. Should I still do a debt validation because although it no longer shows on any of my CRs, I am afraid that it may come back at a later date because I didn't respond? Is this reasonable or should I just let it be?

2) Has anyone had a collection account listed on their CRs recently by Palisade Collections/OSI Portfolio Services for AT&T as the OC? I have never had any AT&T outstanding accounts, so I am confused. From what I read on some other sites is if it is disputed it will come off and they don't respond to DV letters.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Aleta

• 5 months later...

i also have a account liting palasaides.

i havent sent them a DV letter yet though...i disputed with CRA first jus to see if i went away that way first. also on my report they are the only ones list that dont have an address...just a 1-800 number. if you have an address to send a DV letter to i would appreciate it....if i need it...hopefully CRA will jus delete.

• 2 months later...

This Palisade/ATT item is definately looking like a big SCAM. The same thing occurred on my formerly excellent credit report and now I am disputing it with Experian CRA.

I did attempt to call the "collections firm" so they call themselves and they were extremely suspicious. They refused to provide me with any proving documents for an account I never had and do not owe on. They claim I must send *them* documents to prove the claim is false - this is NOT how typical collections agencies work! After a few round about "answers" from the reps at "Palisade", the guy just hung up on me.

I am making sure everyone on the Internet knows the truth about this company! :mad:

Seems like we're all in the same boat. I noticed the poster previous to the last one mentioned they were able to contact this company. Do you have a number to reach them at? I haven't found one.

Additionally, who's been successful in getting this entry removed from their credit report? If you were one of them, tips on your strategy are much appreciated. Thanks.

Jason

<blockquote>Originally posted by txturner

Seems like we're all in the same boat. I noticed the poster previous to the last one mentioned they were able to contact this company. Do you have a number to reach them at? I haven't found one.

Additionally, who's been successful in getting this entry removed from their credit report? If you were one of them, tips on your strategy are much appreciated. Thanks.

Jason

</blockquote>

Hey guys,

I am having the exact same problem ATT/Palisade and OSI and I dont know what to do, they have ruined my credit history. Apparently AT&T says I owe the 62.0 for a long distance service I never used or had access to. I have signed up with creditrepair to dispute my items. ANy other suggestions? I dont even have their phone number to contact them

Thanks

Renil (renil@hotmail.com)

I have had a recent run in with Palisades and found the following information about them:

Palisade Collections

2425 Commerce Avenue

Suite 10

Duluth, GA 30096

800-727-3572

I am trying to clear a debt from AT&T for supposedly $166.93 from five (5) years ago, but Palisades was unable to provide any supporting documentation. If anyone has success in fighting with them, let me know. I offered a 60% settlement (just to clear it from my report) and they said that they would not settle below 85%. I told them that I would just settle direct with AT&T and they told me that would be a waste of my money because they would not clear my account unless I paid them directly. Bunch of crooks!

Ok, I new that company sounded familiar to me. I had them reporting on my CR for the same thing. An Att account that I never had. I just disputed with the CRAs as not my account, and it was deleted. They even sent me a letter apoligizing for any inconvience they may have caused, and will close my account. Funny, cause I never had an account with them. They also showed up on hubby's account as well, but again, just disputed with the CRAs as not mine. Try that first and see if it works. They have several DBAs. Go to the bbb and check them out.

Andi

Hello--Have you find out more about this Palisade Collections Inc and the ATT account? My husband and I are trying to fix his credit report (includes collection account from this Palisade) So i was doing search for more info for this company and i came across your message. Please advise. Thanks

<blockquote>Originally posted by ALF

Thanks to this site, my credit has been vastly improved from when I started about 4 months ago. However, I have a couple of questions for the board:

1) I had disputed an collection account with Calvary Investments (a CA). The account is over 5 years old. They came off all 3 reports, however, EX says that it still remains on the report even though it does not show it anywhere on the report (that seems very strange to me; I think that it may be cloaked or something!). They (the CA) have just sent me a letter stating that they purchased this account and that I may request the validity of this account. Should I still do a debt validation because although it no longer shows on any of my CRs, I am afraid that it may come back at a later date because I didn't respond? Is this reasonable or should I just let it be?

2) Has anyone had a collection account listed on their CRs recently by Palisade Collections/OSI Portfolio Services for AT&T as the OC? I have never had any AT&T outstanding accounts, so I am confused. From what I read on some other sites is if it is disputed it will come off and they don't respond to DV letters.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Aleta

</blockquote>

<blockquote>Originally posted by coolwater

Hello--Have you find out more about this Palisade Collections Inc and the ATT account? My husband and I are trying to fix his credit report (includes collection account from this Palisade) So i was doing search for more info for this company and i came across your message.

</blockquote>

Palisade Collections is the same as Gulf State, OSI, Sherman Aquisition, Portfolio Recovery and Northland Group. You guys might want to check with Grendel, he was organizing a class action against Gulf State/OSI/Sherman Acquisitions that was "merged" with Ed Combs suit, not sure if Palisades are in there, but he definately could have some good info for you guys.

Here's a link with complaints about Palisade that you can read up on from ripoff report http://ripoffreport.com/results.asp?submit22=Search+All+The+Latest+Rip-Off+Reports+Now%21&q1=ALL&q2=&q3=&q4=&q5=Palisade+collections&q6=&q7=&searchtype=0