what's the best way

Anonymous

I have 2 mortgage tradelines that have been closed and are terrible. I'm trying to refinance with a better fixed rate, and the creditors tell me my mortgage history is stopping them from helping. Should I try to get these deleted? If I do, it takes away most mortgage history. Or should I just try to fix what is wrong (lates, date opened, etc.)?

If you are just dealing with lates & not a collection or charge off with these mortgage creditors. Than try goodwill letter first. Using www.planetfeedback.com may be of help to you setting up the letter & getting address to contact this company.

People get mixed results with this; but you are wanting to ask them to reconsider reporting the lates; since you are applying for a mortgage loan & that this is hurting your chances to get the loan. May help if you can give them an explination or some insight into why you had problems in the past paying on time. But stress that you did complete the loan & that they please take this into consideration to help you.

At all efforts try to save accounts like this; if they refuse to then; go back & dispute with the CRA like "no knowledge of account" or later "never late". It may get deleted this way; your credit score may take a hit - but if this is what is stopping you from getting the loan. Then it may be better to try & get it removed; if you are unable to save it through the goodwill letter.