i am confused...Credit report

marisakay

what may be up w this? i am currently disputing 4 tradelines on dh report as "not mine"...just got back green cards so unsure what is happening right now..my question is this..one of the ings i disputed was an MBNA account...dh settled on it about 2-3 years ago...on 2 of the reports it is showing it correctly (paid charge off), obvioulsy i am disputing that too..but anyhow on the TR CR it is showing it different it says:

MBNA- 4025 -high balance....zero balance

account/sold transferred..CLOSED/PAID

Asset Acceptance: original creditor MBNA, account opened in 2001...collection 3670..balance 3837

ok so why would it show paid anc closed on the mbna but CA showing it is still owed..and if this does come back verified...what next??

thnaks everyone!!!! :)

________

Honda NA50

Edited by marisakay

It sounds like they MBNA sent it to collections, but you paid the OC. So the collection agency only reported to one CRA and is still listed, which you can dispute as paid OC before sent to collections and have them remove it. This is just my thought. Maybe others have a better idea. :D

I would dispute asset as not mine first. If you dispute as paid oc before charge off, and you are trying to dispute oc as not mine, your kinda kicking yourself in the butt with saying asset amount was paid to oc before charge off. YOu just told the cra that mbna is in fact yours by saying that. Even if your not disputing mbna with cra right now, you might want to down the road. I just read yesterday someplace, that if you report things to cra, it stays there. Just keep doing as not mine, and if asset verify's, then you could do dv with asset. I will tell you from my experiance with asset, they keep them old debts in their system, even if they don't report to cra or contact you about them. I called them regarding an account listed on my ex-hub report. They told me it was a car repo from him and I joint, and also said, (an i only gave them ex-hub name, nothing else) that there was an account in my name from finger hut. They had no idea it was me they were talking to, I just said I was ex-hub new wife. I filed bk on both of these accounts in april 1998. They still had them listed as vaild debts owed. I am about to send them dv letters for myself and get rid of them for once and for all. Good Luck with which ever way you chose to go.