mortgage lender credit report

chingasaholo

question,

When applying for a mortgage I was told I had a collection item on my report from experian, but I have a current experian file and I dont see it there, shows a clean slate and my fico is still excellent. what's the deal here? does anyone know whey they show one thing and I show another? It was for a phone bill she said and it's been there since 1998 she said.

ching

shure did, very quickly too. took about 20 seconds on the phone and she was reading stuff off. this was awhile ago though, I got approved but I mentioned to the lady, how do you pay something that doesnt show? you dont and cant, she was pretty acurate with her info though so I dont know what's up

ching

Yeah, it is strange that way. I recently got a mortgage in December of 2002. I had been cleaning up my credit file for about 3 months, so I was sure all the information on all 3 were valid. Not to say great, but valid none the less, and all mine.

Well, the mortage company pulls my Equifax and I've got about 4 accounts on it from my father, same name. I had them triple check that they pulled my account, yep, right Social. I pull it, still don't see that stuff. I ended up having to provide documentation to my mortgage company that no, I do not already own a house and am currently carrying 4 car payments ;)

LetoAtreides; have to commend you are your choice of names. Happen to be a big DUNE fan myself (read every book).

With a mixed file; should send copy of your drivers licens to all 3 CRAs (mark out DL # though). Will request to unmix the file and remove all of your fathers personal financial information.

For furture note: Be sure to always give your full given name when applying for credit. Also try to dispute & have your fathers address removed from your credit report so that this don't later re-establish the wrong info back into your credit report.

As for the lender showing credit report w/ different information than what is seen on the consumer credit report. Would be very interested in asking them if they could please send you a copy of the credit report so that you may have access to the information that you are obviouly not getting on your side when ordering your own personal credit report. If it is a local bank or mortgage lender and they won't part with a copy of their credit report. At least see if they would be willing to let you come into the bank to at least let you show copy of your credit report to compare with what they have.

[Edit by kb9tbq on Monday, April 28, 2003 @ 01:45 PM]