demand they delete?

wannahouse

I'm working on my letter to the Equifax agency in my area.

I sent origianl dispute to Equifax they recieved on March 7. Got a letter from them dated March 14 that they forwarded it to the other agency for my area.

Times up, well over the 30 days and I haven't heard from them.

In my letter telling them that their time is up, do I demand deletion or nicely ask them to complete investigation??

Thanks!!!!!!!!! :D

yup.. its time for a nasty letter my friend...

edit: and I didn't mean the letter where you kindly tell them to complete investigation. They had 30 days.. demand deletion and tell them you won't hessitate to sue if they don't

[Edit by creditmess on Monday, April 28, 2003 @ 06:22 PM]

I faxed this to CSC/Equifax.

CSC Credit Services

Box 981221

El Paso TX 79998

FAX: 281-878-1974

SSN XXX-XX-XXXX

DOB: 6/30/1967

To whom it may concern. This follow up letter is a demand to delete the three referenced accounts found on my recent credit report. I had disputed these items as not mine as referenced in the attached correspondence sent February Xth, 2003. I have noticed that you have noted that these accounts as “REINVESTIGATION IN PROGRESS”. These accounts have not been verified, as I suspected and it has been more than 30 days.

I did send the original correspondence Registered Mail Return Receipt. I will attach a copyof the receipt.

I demand that they be deleted within 5 days per the FCRA section:

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i](a) Reinvestigations of disputed information.

(1) Reinvestigation required.

(A) In general. If the completeness or accuracy of any item of information contained in a consumer's file at a consumer reporting agency is disputed by the consumer and the consumer notifies the agency directly of such dispute, the agency shall reinvestigate free of charge and record the current status of the disputed information, or delete the item from the file in accordance with paragraph (5), before the end of the 30-day period beginning on the date on which the agency receives the notice of the dispute from the consumer.

(B) Extension of period to reinvestigate. Except as provided in subparagraph

©, the 30-day period described in subparagraph

(A) may be extended for not more than 15 additional days if the consumer reporting agency receives information from the consumer during that 30-day period that is relevant to the reinvestigation.

© Limitations on extension of period to reinvestigate. Subparagraph (B) shall not apply to any reinvestigation in which, during the 30-day period described in subparagraph (A), the information that is the subject of the reinvestigation is found to be inaccurate or incomplete or the consumer reporting agency determines that the information cannot be verified.

The three accounts to be deleted are:

Account 1091696 Reliance Recoveries

Under the FDCPA it states I have the right to ask you to investigate and verify the validity of the reported derogatory information that you placed on my credit report. Also under the FDCPA it states that any inaccurate information should not appear. I demand that the history you show derogatory be deleted.I have enclosed a copy of my driver's license as proof of identity, a copy of my last correspondence, and a copy of the Certified Mail Receipt

You attention to this matter is appreciated,

John Doe

What if they investigate some things and not others? Sent disputes for ex-hubby to TU via online around March 2. The deleted a lot of items, said verified on a few too. One account, HHBK that ex stopped paying on recently, was included as not mine. He was working on filing bk so I figured might as well as this account too. I have print out with this on it. They never said one word about this account. It now shows in collection and derogs. Can I send demand cause they did not investigate this or are we SOL????

<blockquote>Originally posted by sisflomi

Can I send demand cause they did not investigate this or are we SOL????

</blockquote>

If you have a printout I would demand that they delete it because they are required to investigate it or delte it within 30 days.

I actually like faxing the 30 day letter because they get it quicker.

Good Luck