Just venting!

lisak72

I'm feelin' like I'm bangin' my head against a wall!!! I've started my phase #1 with disputing and am awaiting responses all around. Just sent the last batch out on Sat. When I get home, I had a letter from a new CA that doesn't show up on my credit report. Researched all the DV tactics, etc., prepared my letter and mailed that off today (Mon.). Get home tonight and I get two phone calls from 2 more different CAs (which turn out to be my Ex-husb!!! So not only am I dealing with my own, but now have to deal with his too!!! And he hasn't lived here in over 4 years :mad: Not to mention, I have no credit (also no real debt) other than the repo that was supposed to be his in the divorce (you guys have seen me on here trying to figure that one out)! I'm feeling defeated already :rolleyes: But I'm hoping for a little good news as my responses to round one will start coming in next week (i hope) ;) Well...that's all. Thanks for listening to the rantings of a mad woman :upsidown:

Question:

What the collections for your ex joint accounts with you? Terrible thing to say; but if they can't find him or if he manages to file bankruptcy on joint debt (no matter what the divorce decree says) they will try to collect from you.

Creditors don't honor divorce decrees; you would have to sue your ex in court for not paying his debt asigned in the divorce.

Is the debt the collection agencies try to collect on still within the SOL?

The CAs that are calling are not mine at all. The biggie is the repo that we had in 1999. They haven't started looking yet, but I know a judgement could pop up at any time. The car was repoed after the divorce and before he transferred it into his name only...in essence, I got screwed. Now it shows up on my reports too as a repo. The other one is one of those vacation package deals that has been sending letters to me forever. I just sent them a change of address with his name and address on it so they can send all correspondence there. I'm just debating on whether to take over the repo deficiency myself and try to work something out on my own or just let it ride. I am awaiting an answer from man atty on all the repo information for Indiana, so can't decide what to do until I hear from him. Oh well...it'll work out eventually!

<blockquote>Originally posted by lisak72

The CAs that are calling are not mine at all.

If the debt is not in your name what so ever; then you can just end them a letter with ex's correct address & tell them to cease with contacting you all together.

The biggie is the repo that we had in 1999. They haven't started looking yet, but I know a judgement could pop up at any time. The car was repoed after the divorce and before he transferred it into his name only...in essence, I got screwed. Now it shows up on my reports too as a repo.

The other one is one of those vacation package deals that has been sending letters to me forever. I just sent them a change of address with his name and address on it so they can send all correspondence there. I'm just debating on whether to take over the repo deficiency myself and try to work something out on my own or just let it ride.

</blockquote>

I am not good at answering questions on auto loans; but there are past posts on how these work when repo is involved. I know it is in this same section. Be worth understanding this subject inside out before you move on doing anything with this. Will try to hunt for the past threads I know deal with this; my time lately has been crunched; sry for delay getting back to you.