Working with a CA

miwankiw

About a month ago, I received a letter from a CA regarding a bank account that I once had. The bank had horrible customer service and I decided to close my accounts. So I called and did so...

Afterwards they continued to charge me for a service fee, etc..and this all amounted to $54.00. In the past year I moved, so this went to collections before I even knew it...

I sent in a debt validation letter, but they say they never received it...I'm looking to buy a house this year, so to be honest, I don't need this on my credit report, and for the 54.00, it's just not worth it. So I tell the CA the same thing and say that I would pay it off just to not have it on my report. She says she would give me a paid in full letter, but that they don't have something that says it will not go on my credit report...

Frustrated, I state that I'm just going to go through the bank and see what's what.....

What should I do from here....

I'm afraid if I do nothing, then it will end up on my report and I just don't need it.

I would assume that if I just pay it, then they can put it on my CR as paid collection.. and that's not good either...

Please help.

I would definately start with the bank and ask their justification for charging fees after the account was closed. They usually deduct any fees for that month and return the remaining balance to you. If you had a negative balance, they are in the right, if not, they screwed up.

If they are in the wrong, they must contact the CA and have the collection ceased and any CA entries deleted since the collection was in error. If they are wrong and refuse to remidy the situation, report the bank to your state Attorney General and the FDIC.

<blockquote>Originally posted by miwankiw

About a month ago, I received a letter from a CA regarding a bank account that I once had. The bank had horrible customer service and I decided to close my accounts. So I called and did so...

Afterwards they continued to charge me for a service fee, etc..and this all amounted to $54.00. In the past year I moved, so this went to collections before I even knew it...

I sent in a debt validation letter, but they say they never received it...I'm looking to buy a house this year, so to be honest, I don't need this on my credit report, and for the 54.00, it's just not worth it. So I tell the CA the same thing and say that I would pay it off just to not have it on my report. She says she would give me a paid in full letter, but that they don't have something that says it will not go on my credit report...

Frustrated, I state that I'm just going to go through the bank and see what's what.....

What should I do from here....

I'm afraid if I do nothing, then it will end up on my report and I just don't need it.

I would assume that if I just pay it, then they can put it on my CR as paid collection.. and that's not good either...

Please help.

</blockquote>

Is it on your reports now?