Via Facsimilie

(000)000-0000

ChexSystems

Customer Relations

12005 Ford Rd., Suite 600

Dallas, TX 75234

RE: Consumer ID # 00000000

Dear Customer Relations Department;

As you have not responded to in more than thirty (30) days regarding my dispute dated March 25, 2003 (copies transmitted herewith), I must presume that no proof exists, and this is being reported in error.

Your continued silence is unacceptable! As per the Fair Credit Reporting Act as Amended July, 1999, you are now in violation of Section 611, Part (a)(1).

Please forward to me, immediately, an updated/ revised copy of my ChexSystems file, which shows that _______ Bank has been deleted.

Sincerely,

Robert _______

S.S. # ___________

* Thanks to Credit Info Center for FCRA section. Thanks to egroups/chexsystems for partial verbage.

What do you think?

looks good... agressive, to the point..

what I would do is I would include the FCRA paragraph so it looks more "legal" I guess...

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(a) Reinvestigations of disputed information.

(1) Reinvestigation required.

(A) In general. If the completeness or accuracy of any item of information contained in a consumer's file at a consumer reporting agency is disputed by the consumer and the consumer notifies the agency directly of such dispute, the agency shall reinvestigate free of charge and record the current status of the disputed information, or delete the item from the file in accordance with paragraph (5), before the end of the 30-day period beginning on the date on which the agency receives the notice of the dispute from the consumer.

Don't forget to allow of the five business days for them to respond.

=> 35-37 days from when they receive your letter you should have a response in your mailbox

=> at the 30 day mark you can call them or possibly check online to see if the investigation was complete on time as well, instead of waiting those long five business days