Credit Inquiry

freexone74

ok well i called up experian 2 dispute a few credit inquiry hits on my CR. well they were short and rude. so i'm just sending out a letter disputing several for each CRA's. basically in my letter do i say 'i dont know them and i want them removed' or 'can you verify that these were authorized'. i'm just not sure but i'm thinking i should be telling them i didn't authorize them and i want them removed. however when i called and said that they said they were 'permissible business inquiries' that they couldn't do anything and i had 2 contact the company directly to have them remove the inquiry. any insight on this guys and girls?

thx

[Edit by freexone74 on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 @ 08:31 AM]

<blockquote>Originally posted by freexone74

ok well i called up experian 2 dispute a few credit inquiry hits on my CR. well they were short and rude. so i'm just sending out a letter disputing several for each CRA's. basically in my letter do i say 'i dont know them and i want them removed' or 'can you verify that these were authorized'. i'm just not sure but i'm thinking i should be telling them i didn't authorize them and i want them removed. however when i called and said that they said they were 'permissible business inquiries' that they couldn't do anything and i had 2 contact the company directly to have them remove the inquiry. any insight on this guys and girls?

thx

[Edit by freexone74 on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 @ 08:31 AM]

</blockquote>

Been doing inquiry removals on the side while I wait for my 30 day timer on negative tradelines. I've found that the CRA's really don't do anything with inquiries, you have to go to the source(read: The company who inquired). Probably a little more of a pain in the rear, but if that's what needs to be done.. :p.

Those "acceptable business purposes" are a real pain the rear..