A little Help Needed...

InFiNiTeX

What do you do when something is really not yours and you dispute it and it comes back as verified. I have Tried No knowledge of account. And 9 days later it came back Verified. I called the OC asking what it was they said i needed the account number which shows up 5984XXXXX in my credit file, How do i get the full acount Number?

BTW you guys OWN (rock) :)

<blockquote>Originally posted by InFiNiTeX

...How do i get the full acount Number?..</blockquote>

OK, fess up, is that your real picture or do you just use that to get all the smart ladies to respond ??? :D

Seriously, I was lucky in that I found that on my TU mailed reports (and maybe some others PLUS some of my own records) they had the FULL account number shown. And watch out, sometimes the OCs will just up and change the numbers too if their status changes or if they're sold off.

Do you have a TU report and does this TL show on it ?

[Edit by crofttk on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 @ 11:36 AM]

<blockquote>Originally posted by crofttk

<blockquote>Originally posted by InFiNiTeX

...How do i get the full acount Number?..</blockquote>

OK, fess up, is that your real picture or do you just use that to get all the smart ladies to respond ??? :D

Seriously, I was lucky in that I found that on my TU mailed reports (and maybe some others PLUS some of my own records) they had the FULL account number shown. And watch out, sometimes the OCs will just up and change the numbers too if their status changes or if they're sold off.

Do you have a TU report and does this TL show on it ?

[Edit by crofttk on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 @ 11:36 AM]

</blockquote>

Funny, yes that is my real picture, It says it is from DirecTV, which i have never had an account with them.

Well, I'm better (still not necessarily good) at helping on post-bankruptcy stuff, but I'll make a comment to help get the ball rolling.

Did you dispute this with the CRA or the OC ? It wouldn't surprise me if it was the CRA because they're real lazy and will tell you they verified something when half the time they didn't really.

My guess is the next step for you is what's called a "procedural request" from whoever came back and told you it was verified.

Bump, somebody speak up ?

<blockquote>Originally posted by crofttk

My guess is the next step for you is what's called a "procedural request" from whoever came back and told you it was verified.

</blockquote>

Yea definately agree- send a procedural request asking how they verified this information.

InFiNiTeX:

On procedural request, if it's the CRA, they may just come back with some generic mumbo jumbo giving a name, address, maybe a phone number for the information furnisher and claim they verified it with them. If that's the kind of response you get, don't give up ! This is apparently a common outcome and there are steps you can take after that. So, if that happens, come back and look for help with what comes next ! I won't try to address that myself here, others can do a better job.

Good Luck !

[Edit by crofttk on Thursday, May 1, 2003 @ 07:19 AM]

There should be a way over the phone or by fax to get the creditor to help you resolve this matter.

When I verify disputes that an account don't belong to the customer which they are reporting on.

I will fax them a letter something like this:

Directv

Attention: Credit Reporting Department

Please verify account informaton on ........; authorization included.

Account #

Date Open

High Credit

Balance

Type

Status

Note: Consumer disputes that this account does not belong to (him/her). Please verify and fax back confirmation.

Consumers Name

Address

Social Security Number

This should work right off; might take them up to 48 hours to fax back response. If you don't hear back then re-fax or call customer service to verify that they recieved your fax and verify the correct department that this should be directed to.