Stubborn are they??

Anonymous

Thanks to everybody that answered my questions and helped me out, certainly have learned alot today, I'll pass down the torch to whoever comes up behind me

just sent my dispute letter CRRR to all 3 CA's

From Equifax I was able to get the #'s of the OC's, just found out that most of my bad debt will fall off in 6/2004, my biggest debt of $1800 (intrest included) is due to fall off next year, problem is I want to buy a home around october, so I call them up and offer to pay 50% of it in return for a deletion..

the knuckleheads said they wont do it...

I told them My 7 years was up nnext year and that I wanted to go out on a good note cuz im cool like that right..

They wouldnt budge..

Now im no wizard, but $900 is better than nothing isnt it? or am I missing something here?

The only thing I would caution you on would be that if you pay on an account like that you may shoot yourself in the foot because now you have a new "Date of Last Activity" and it's on your file ANOTHER 7 years ! Doesn't matter if it's a paid or unpaid charge-off/collection, it's still better to have it gone ! - [Consumer (Swede) Disputes - Investigation in progress]

A lot of folks advise that if you're going to pay it off, make them DELETING it or showing as "PAYS AS AGREED" part of the negotiated settlement.

Now the experts may speak.

Good Luck !

[EDIT] Duh ! Now that I read your post again I see you're asking for deletion in the deal ! Sorry ! Well it's negotiation tactics from here on. I guess leaving my writing above could help someone to read it two ways so I'll just leave it.

[Edit by crofttk on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 @ 01:01 PM]

[Edit by crofttk on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 @ 03:44 PM]

<blockquote>Originally posted by crofttk

The only thing I would caution you on would be that if you pay on an account like that you may shoot yourself in the foot because now you have a new "Date of Last Activity" and it's on your file ANOTHER 7 years ! Doesn't matter if it's a paid or unpaid charge-off/collection, it's still better to have it gone !

</blockquote>

Nah man, that's not true- paying something doesn't reset the 7 year reporting period. Nothing you do will reset this 7 year, it always goes from the initial missed payment that led to the delinquency plus 180 days -for accounts added on after December 1997, before that, the actual charge off date sets the clock.

<blockquote>Originally posted by creditmess

why did you tell them you are almost past 7 years!!! Now they can have a judgement on you! Never ever do that.

Dispute is FIRST, THEN try to hassle with money...

</blockquote>

Only if the SOL is longer than 7 years. If it is past the SOL you have a lot of leverage. What state?

<blockquote>Originally posted by sisflomi

In MI if you sign a new agreement or something that states you are agreeing to the new terms, it does re-start sol. I found this tid bit in the michigan state statues. It says that is the only way it will re-start the sol.

</blockquote>

But I'm not talking about the SOL, I'm talking about the 7 year reporting period- 2 totally seperate things.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Swede

...that's not true- paying something doesn't reset the 7 year reporting period. Nothing you do will reset this 7 year, it always goes from the initial missed payment that led to the delinquency plus 180 days -for accounts added on after December 1997, before that, the actual charge off date sets the clock...</blockquote>

Ouch ! Thank you mam, may I have another ? :rolleyes: :dead:

OK, I should have known to stay in my own little BK7 bailiwick where I have personal experience. My apologies to all, including OP, for the misinformation.

(But, I will spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express, study my FCRA, FDCPA, and FCBA, and see if I can come up with a face-saving press release !)

[Edit by crofttk on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 @ 03:33 PM]