WOOH-HOOO

wannahouse

Well, I got my results from EQ today. They deleted 2 account because the creditors did not respond. YEA!! :D

I mailed them a nasty letter yesterday becasue they were over the 30 day limit, then I got their response today. Oh well I guess, is that a bad thing?

Anyway, I'm so excited. TU verified the two that EQ removed. I already have more disputes mailed to them (sent them yesterday), but maybe after I get those results I'll dispute the other two again.

EX's 30 days were up yesterday and I'm waiting the five business days to hear or else they'll get a nasty letter too. I hope I have the same results from them.

:upsidown:

wannahouse

thats great!

i just mailed mine off today.. I hope I get the same results

What form letter did you use?

I just told them the were reporting innacurate reports on me and that I wanted them to validate the accounts, and just listed the names of 7 creditors, my reports were missing the last parts of the account #'s so i just put the name down

hope i didnt fudge it up

<blockquote>Originally posted by EddieTampa

I just told them the were reporting innacurate reports on me and that I wanted them to validate the accounts, and just listed the names of 7 creditors, my reports were missing the last parts of the account #'s so i just put the name down

</blockquote>

You really need to be as detailed as possible when dealing with the CRA's. Treat them as 5 year olds because they're mental capacity really isn't much older anyway.

You disputes are too vague, you need to specify whats incorrect, why it's incorrec and what you want them to do and you need to use ONE reason at a time, i.e. "not mine", "wrong dates" etc. This allows you more times to dispute should it come back as verified. The risk is now that they'll kick it back to you stating you haven't provided any information what's incorrect.

Also, as far as the account numbers, they're scambled for your protection and when you dispute, you just put in whatever number they're using.

<blockquote>Originally posted by wannahouse

Should I wait to send in the next round of disputes with EQ?????????

</blockquote>

Other round as in new accounts? Send it in when all your disputes are completed and you've gotten the letter back. You do not want to give them any reason to extend the investigation period.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Rainbowspal

I am waiting for the second round also, may wait just a few days - depends on how anxious I get, I don't think them crossing in the mail will have any affect one way or another ...

</blockquote>

Actually they might. The CRA's are allowed to extend the investigation period if they receive additional information from the consumer related to the dispute. This apparently, the CRA's have been known to interpret as "any" additional information about anything allows them to exten the time frame. So if you have ongoing disputes, DO NOT send in new disputed until they are completed.

Furthermore, if you send in too many at once it is possible that they can see your letters as frivilous and not investigate and you would have no legal recourse.

Just try and be a little patient to be on the safe side. It will all come out all good in time. :D

<blockquote>Originally posted by md

Furthermore, if you send in too many at once it is possible that they can see your letters as frivilous and not investigate and you would have no legal recourse.

Just try and be a little patient to be on the safe side. It will all come out all good in time. :D

</blockquote>

ok well i sent out my dispute letters 2 the 3 CRA's last thursday and yesterday i send letters disputing credit inquiries 2 all 3. was that a mistake? damn i wish i read this b4 i sent them. they are diff disputes so do u think i made a mistake?

Even if they are different disputes they will use it as an excuse to extend the investigation.

Only do one set of disputes at a time, even if they are different. I understand why you would think it would be okay to send more disputes if they were for different things, it is just that people have had bad results by doing that.

Thanks Swede

heres the letter I sent to all 3 CRA's

Did I fudge it up?

Oh God the Horror!!

--------------------------------------

Edward XXXXXXX

XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXX

XXXXXX, XX XXXXXX

Experian

PO Box 9595

Allen, TX 75013

Date: 4/30/2003

Re: XXXXXX, XXXXX, XXXX,Collectx,Computer city/ACB/Consumer, XXXXXX, XXXXX.

Dear Credit Bureau,

This letter is a formal complaint that you are reporting inaccurate credit information.

See 7 accounts above

I am very distressed that you have included the above information in my credit profile due to its damaging effects on my good credit standing. As you are no doubt aware, credit reporting laws ensure that bureaus report only accurate credit information. No doubt the inclusion of this inaccurate information is a mistake on either your or the reporting creditor's part. Because of the mistakes on my credit report, I have been wrongfully denied credit recently for a which was highly embarrassing and has negatively impacted my lifestyle.

I respectively request a validation of the 7 charges against my account.

I have enclosed a copy of my driver liscence for proof of identity.

Please delete the above information from my account as quickly as possible.

Thank you

Edward XXXXXXXX

Social XXX-XX-XXXX

Did I fudge it up?

Oh God the Horror!!

</blockquote>

Uhm well you just need to be very detailed and you're asking them to provide "validation" which is something they don't do. They just contact the furnisher and says "is this his?" they say "yep, sure is cause I have that same name here" and poof- it's verified (not validated, validation is an FDCPA concept and doesn't apply to CRA disputes)

Normally people list out the account name, account number, type of dispute and result they want, i.e.

ScumSuckers Collections -Account #XOXO- NOT MINE- Please remove

BottomFeed Retriever- Account # 1234- NOT MINE- Please remove

KMA ASAP -Account # 4567 - WRONG OPEN DATE- Please remove

You didn't necessarily mess up, all you can do is wait out the 30 days and see what they come back with, they might tell you they can't start the investigation due to lack of information or some BS like that.

Thanks, shoulda been patient and learned a little more.. oh well, Ill knock 'em out next round

Hey , got a question for ya Swede

2 of my accounts are still in (120 days not paid) they arent even charged off like the rest off them and I havent made a payment since 97 at the latest

Whats my stance on those 2? do you know if my 7 years has started? I should be close or since the knuckleheads left it as 120 not paid is it still in SOL?

Thnaks alot

[Edit by EddieTampa on Thursday, May 1, 2003 @ 09:03 AM]

2 of my accounts are still in (120 days not paid) they arent even charged off like the rest off them and I havent made a payment since 97 at the latest

Whats my stance on those 2? do you know if my 7 years has started? I should be close or since the knuckleheads left it as 120 not paid is it still in SOL?

</blockquote>

When is the last time they updated the account? It might be that it hasn't been reported since your 120 day late and that's why it's listed as such. That's not good for your scores because that'll show as a currently late payment instead of being aged off your reports. Chargeoffs and collections contribute less to your scores the older they are and by being currently late, it's reporting totally misleading. The 7 years should start from the initial missed payment that led to the delinquency of the account plus 180 days.

SOL has nothing to do with the 7 years, it has to do with the time they can take legal action against you and it varies by state and type of account.

I'd probably try to dispute as "not mine" first and hope it falls off, then move on to other disputes. I don't think there's a big chance for you to get the OC to report this in good standing and "paying as agreed" since you haven't made a payment on it for so long.