sold off accounts

schirtz

I have been a member of this board for a couple of months and have learned a lot and think I am ready to start repairing my credt. My credit got horrible about 3 years ago...going through a divorce my debt got way out of hand. I am trying to get a foreclosure removed (I saved the house from being sold off). I joined a credit counceling service that went defunct and I cannot get the $4,000 I had paid them back - even with filing a claim with the FTC. So I am very happy that I found this site.

I have a couple o questions

How do I get sold off accounts removed from my credit reports?

When I send a dispute letter do I send them to the original lender AND the account they sold it to? Do I send a letter to the original lender?

What if I hear nothing from the credit reporting agengies after 30 days?

I am sure I will have more questions, but here are the ones I am confused with the most for right now.

If you're disputing the information on your reports, send the dispute to each CRA that is reporting the information. They have to seek verification from the OCs.

If they cannot verify the dispute within 30 days the information must be deleted. The only time you have to anything after that point is if it comes back "verified" or they fail to delete after not being able to verify.

[Edit by DocDon on Thursday, May 1, 2003 @ 12:53 AM]