To Pay or Not

melisadawn

I received my TU credit report. My neg on it are 2 Dr. bills. The 1 I did remember but the Dr. name spelled wrong on CR and the other I did find my insurance papers that did indicate that I do owe. These are from 1998-99. Should I dispute these? 1 is for 68$ the other 282$. Or maybe try to settle with agency they are in?

<blockquote>Originally posted by melisadawn

I received my TU credit report. My neg on it are 2 Dr. bills. The 1 I did remember but the Dr. name spelled wrong on CR and the other I did find my insurance papers that did indicate that I do owe. These are from 1998-99. Should I dispute these? 1 is for 68$ the other 282$. Or maybe try to settle with agency they are in?

</blockquote>

Dispute first, save settlements for last.

If they are from 98-99 and are from some podunk collection agency they will probably come off. Everything I had from 98-99 came off when I disputed, only one of them came back. I disputed it again and now it's gone again...You gotta' keep on top of your game, or they will get on top of you!

ching

[Edit by chingasaholo on Thursday, May 1, 2003 @ 04:29 PM]

I am looking at my CR and the same CA for the same dr. bill is on both 1 says BalanceDate-12/2000 Last Activity-3/1999 Date Assigned-4/2000 and the other says Date opened-04/01/2000 and Date Reported-02/01/2003 So on the 2nd it would be more recent?But the bills themselves were 98-99.