wow

Anonymous

I'm in total shock. On May 21, my Equifax score was 679. A few days before May 21 I sent a letter contesting most of the late payments on my report. I just checked my score a few minutes ago. New score = 733. My head is spinning.

<blockquote>Originally posted by murray32

I'm in total shock. On May 21, my Equifax score was 679. A few days before May 21 I sent a letter contesting most of the late payments on my report. I just checked my score a few minutes ago. New score = 733. My head is spinning.

</blockquote>

AWESOME- you're in the 700 club, that's a NICE place to be.

yes, but my experian is in the low 600's. 629 I think. time to get to work on that.

</blockquote>

Whats shocking is that I gotr my TU in today (lost 13 points), and my EX I lost 23, but EQ, I gained 2 in the last week.........ALSO..I sent out my CMRRRs y/day (4-30, and ones waiting to be signed, the other was picked up.....1 down, 21 to go!!!)

</blockquote>

I just checked mine too. My EQ went from 627 on 4-23 to 670 today. I started disputing last week and haven't heard anything yet, but boy did my score go up. I am hoping it doesn't drop back down in a few weeks after I hear from them. I can't believe my eyes.

Oh. So there's a good chance I'll drop below 700 once the disputes are done assuming they don't remove all of them.

</blockquote>

Oops, didn't read your post that well after all. Yes, while in EQ dispute, the score doesn't take those into account so if it's verified, it'll go back down again.

<blockquote>Originally posted by raisingmyscore

Thats why you should ALWAYS have your negative items with EQ in dispute. Once the dispute ends, do it all over again.

</blockquote>

Unfortunately, one cannot ALWAYS be in disputes because sooner or later, one will be labeled frivolous. The goal should be to eliminate derogatory information from your files and not focus only on your score. Lenders look at many things in your file, not just the score.

Im not one to argue with a lady (especially one sporting a SERIOUS whip) but I have not seen or heard of Equifax ever calling a dispute Frivolous. TU and Exp certainly, but equfax has never done that to me.

</blockquote>

Well, they have to me so there you have your first case ;)

[Edit by Swede on Thursday, May 1, 2003 @ 12:30 PM]

WOW! I hope that isnt a sign of things to come, or a major policy change at equifax.

</blockquote>

I have had success with EQ most of the time. The had my employment as being in the Army (that was sooo 80's), also they had a few other things worng. I called them asked them to corrected it, and WHAMMO...done..........also I try with TU...its like root canals being done without anastesia!!!..EX..I do online, unless they verify it, then I call it in, and wait my 30 days :D