Call to Transunion

utman17

I called and tried to get how they verified these items, they only gave me phone numbers not who they talked to, I called one and the number doesnt even work, I also talked to the lady about inquiries, she told me that they dont need permission to pull my CR, I told her I did not apply for credit, blah blah, she told me again well they dont need you permission to pull your CR. So im calling back and seeing what the dumb-ss's will say this time.

Was this a collection company? They do are the exception to having to have your permission prior to accessing your credit report.

Since it is for debt owed; I this was any other type of company than no they are not allowed access without your verbal or written permission first.

Even disputing; and having them investigate the matter still dose not give them permission to pull.

I have two differnt company's (mortgage), that I never applied for, they show up twice at two months apart.. I told the lady this, and she still said they didnt have to have my permision to do the pulling...She said they might be offering me a better rates and they can pull it if they want.. I said this is BS and she said yes there is nothing we can do about it...

What part of your credit report are these showing up on?

Know there to be 2 sections:

1. Only viewed by you for companies soliciting (these are soft inquiries) and no other creditors will view this. You can stop these by opting out 1-888-567-8688

Mail Preference Service

Direct Marketing Association

Removal – Mailing Lists

PO Box 9008

Farmingdale NY 11735

Telephone Preference Service

Direct Marketing Association

Removal – Telemarketing Lists

PO Box 9014

Farmingdale NY 11735

2. Inquiries viewed by creditors (can be hard or soft depending on the type of company pulling).

If you use a mortgage broker to apply for loan - know that they will do just like dealerships and shop around on your behalf for the best rates. This would be a hard inquiry.

There are special rules on these as well as auto loans. That say within 14 days all mortgage pulls will count as just one pull & be suppressed for 30 days before affecting the credit score.

If you can eliminate this as being the case; then you have them & can start by filing complaint with the FTC; BBB; and the sort. Plus write a letter to the company disputing this.

I always wondered how accurate those addresses and phone numbers they provide AND claim to have used to verify the information are.

Well, I called one of the numbers listed for something with my local county and ended up getting - are you ready for this? - the local STD Clinic!

What a bunch of boneheads!