Sign in to follow this  
ADSOFT

GOT Cap1 Card, FICO WENT DOWN,CONFUSED!!!, Cap1 .. doesn't R

<blockquote>Originally posted by ADSOFT

Were is this again,

I have some pretty good, proof, and I'm going to talk to management on Monday.

</blockquote>

Her initial site is www.bayhouse.com but her lawsuit and others can be found here http://forum.creditcourt.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.pl

Thanks, I'll read and get get back,

By the way, I liked the other Graphical Figure, I'm the kind of guy who appreciates an ATTRACTIVE independent woman.

.... Can you put the other one please.

Thanks, I'll read and get get back,

By the way, I liked the other Graphical Figure, I'm the kind of guy who appreciates an ATTRACTIVE independent woman.

.... Can you put the other one please.

</blockquote>

The one w. the whip or the three eyed alien? ;)

The one with the whip!!! It gives the impression you know what you are doing!!!

The one with the whip!!! It gives the impression you know what you are doing!!!

</blockquote>

LOL- fooled you huh...........

What's LOL ???? (I'm still kind of new to things around here)

</blockquote>

Laughing out loud

LFMAO-laughing my f***ing a** off

....?????, you mean do don't know what your doing?? I'll be more than happy to teach you, it might be fun!!! I've always been told I'm a very interesting person and and a good teacher.

Many satisfied students, who have gone on to become very accomplished people, ... and they keep comming back too!

Well, I guess she didn't like that, too bad, I get along real well with Swedish women, they are tons of fun.

I read the post of the other site with the law suit, it looks like they haven't got any response since last year.

Seems like there is some hand holding here!

I'm going to keep reading: I figure you could use the clause in the FCRA that state it's illegal to report incorrect information.

We might have to get a group of people, and higher a consumer law lawyer. Maybe we can all pitch in some of Capitol-One's money an settle for a remberstment(sp.)

I'm going to keep reading.

Some people were saying the thing to do is Max the card out and pay it off, SWEDE was going to answer but I think she started answering another post and got side tracked.

.... any how if anybody knows, or has any experience with maxing it out and paying back down let me know.

.... Is it best just to shut it down.

Well, I guess she didn't like that, too bad, I get along real well with Swedish women, they are tons of fun.

</blockquote>

I did like it, I had to leave though, was going out boating cause it was such a beautiful day down here. I'll leave on my "party avatar" for the weekend and get the "business like" on Monday- fair enough?! ;)

Hi Swede,

Thanks for dropping in an saying hello, I don't blame you it is a very nice day, I, figure your out on some boat somewhere with 2 drinks in your hand!

I hope I wasn't too forward with you, I like being a Bad Boy(how do you think I ruined my credit), but I can control my self and be a Good Boy too, and a Gentlemen/Proffesional when the situation demands it. ... .

Anyhow, I hope you're having a good time, Its a very nice day out here in Southern California (Newport Bch.), I hope you are having fun.

... I'll pickup on the Cap-One thing during the week,with you, I'm hoping we/I can count on your support and experitise, ... someone new to whip into shape, ... hey that's something to look forward too, huh???

Anyhow, I'm new to this credit repair game, I appologize if I offended some of the senior staff on this board, and I'm hoping I/we(new up-and-commings) can count on their support too,I'm going to tone down my attitude a little,Its just that I have found over the years its easier to let people know they can't mess with you and then backdown(going down is usually easier than going up. ... I feel If we play our cards right members of this board can get special rates. I've had some very interesting ideas this weekend, ...but that's work and your having fun.

...Hey, you have to respect FUN, that's a very very serious thing!!

Please have some patience with my spelling, I haven't had to write a letter for over 3 yrs, and someone stole my laptop on 4/29/03, so I'm getting used to this keyboard and I have to get a copy of MSWORD from my friend..

... Enjoy the weekend, have a few drinks for the members of this board and well touch basis next week.

ADsoft, you can call me AD, saves typing

Bye.

Show me where in the FCRA they have to report specific information, like credit limits?

It DOESN'T

FCRA states that the information has to be 100% accurate but doesn't say what that information is. It's the CRA's that give us the nifty forms and tables that include a credit limit field.

FICO based their scoring model off the information provided by the CRA's.

I would take that to mean 2 things:

.. keeping in mind that there are many types of CRAs, CheckSystems,Equifax, ....

1) what ever you supply must be correct

2) what ever is requested must be correct

3) what ever you post must be correct???????????????

...3) I'm not sure on but, but I guess it would be defamation of character if they didn't.

It's can be a grey area, so if we are going to get Cap-One to cooperate we are going to have to pin them down.

I would take that to mean 2 things:

.. keeping in mind that there are many types of CRAs, CheckSystems,Equifax, ....

1) what ever you supply must be correct

2) what ever is requested must be correct

3) what ever you post must be correct???????????????

...3) I'm not sure on but, but I guess it would be defamation of character if they didn't.

It's can be a grey area, so if we are going to get Cap-One to cooperate we are going to have to pin them down.

</blockquote>

1) That is accurate. Whatever is provided MUST be accurate, or you can sue the CRA and the CRA can sue the furnisher.

2) You can make all the requests you like. They are not obligated to perform. Also, you're not obligated to do business with them.

3) I try to post correct information at any board I solicit. One would hope that's the case for anyone. Not really sure what you meant by this...

I thought 4 was after three :-P but you're welcome to have two 3's.

3) Not sure how it could be defamation of character. Cap One isn't saying anything, it's FICO interpreting their silence.

That was my way of referencing things(I'm operating on limit/crappy resource here; laptop with akward key board, no spell checking, haven't taken time to MASTER HTML)

Regarding sueing FICO, I don't think that would hold because they are getting information from what's on the report: Garbish in Garbish out, FICO's defense would be that they where supplied wrong info)

I'm not a lawyer and haven't researched things out fully, but I would invest what it would take to get CAP-ONE to report HIGH CREDIT LIMIT and if you are obligated to report it. That's where the issue is.

I think that Cap-One found a legal way to keep from reporting that number.

You know that software glithes are a defense!!!!

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 02:10 PM]

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 02:12 PM]

That was my way of referencing things(I'm operating on limit/crappy resource here; laptop with akward key board, no spell checking, haven't taken time to MASTER HTML)

Regarding sueing FICO, I don't think that would hold because they are getting information from what's on the report: Garbish in Garbish out, FICO's defense would be that they where supplied wrong info)

I'm not a lawyer and haven't researched things out fully, but I would invest what it would take to get CAP-ONE to report HIGH CREDIT LIMIT and if you are obligated to report it. That's where the issue is.

I think that Cap-One found a legal way to keep from reporting that number.

You know that software glithes are a defense!!!!

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 02:10 PM]

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 02:12 PM]

</blockquote>

You hit it right on the head: Cap One is legally reporting what they want to and are paying to report to the CRA's.

Good luck trying to get them to change. The CRA's have been trying to get them to change since they started doing it!

Do you mean the CRA's or did you mean to say the consumers?

I know the consumers have been trying, so for the record, please don't, go there ,nothing personal I'm trying to get a focused straight answer on that one.

..Oh, and by the way, thanks for the support, I really appreciate!!!

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 04:31 PM]

I meant the CRA's. That's what I typed?

The CRA's benefit from having max limits reported. That way they can sell your reports to other sub prime lenders that will solicit more business from you.

You realize that's where the CRA's make their money, don't you?

Capital One doesn't report max limits because they don't want to be shopped against by their competition! They have typically low limits and know they would lose your business in a heartbeat if someone offered you a double your Cap One limit card.

Why spend so much time fighting this, when you can use this energy elsewhere?

Do what most of us did. Spend 1 dollar less than your max and pay it down the following month. FICO doesn't know what your max is, so they cannot ding you points.

Heck, you can go WAY over your limit and boost FICO artificially.

edited for typos

[Edit by grendel on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 05:21 PM]

Well you will be charged a fee for going over and get on bad terms with your creditor, and I don't know if they report you as going over .

I'm trying to stay and work within the system.

And even if they say no I'll know what to do next time, and it will help the other members, I'm not just thinking of my self here.

Also, I'll know what the limits/strength of the rules are, give me a break I've only been at this for 30-40 days.

Plus, I'm applying for a loan, I don't have 60,90,120 days, read my previous post, i.e. the history on this thread.

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 05:31 PM]

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 05:32 PM]

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 05:33 PM]

Well you will be charged a fee for going over and get on bad terms with your creditor, and I don't know if they report you as going over all the rules.

I'm trying to stay and work within the system.

And even if they say no I'll know what to do next time, and it will help the other members, I'm not just thinking of my self here.

Also, I'll know what the limits/strength of the rules are, give me a break I've only been at this for 30-40 days.

Plus, I'm applying for a loan, I don't have 60,90,120 days, read my previous post, i.e. the history on this thread.

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 05:31 PM]

</blockquote>

You're giving advice based upon "30-40 days" of experience. This is not nice to the rest of the folks. You seem to be billing yourself as an expert, which may bother some people. It's nice to give advice, when you have considerable experience to back up your statements. You stated: "Also, I'll know what the limits/strength of the rules are". If you don't know what they are, don't play around. It's harmful to give advice when you don't truly know.

If you charged your card and stayed under the max, you will be billed nothing and it would report close to your max, without indicating what your actual max is. You get to beat FICO, without any penalty. If you went over max once, you would pay the 29.00 fee (which you can get a courtesy removal), still beat FICO and give up a 100.00 CL increase for 6 months.

Been doing this a while. Got a business doing it. I moderate three other boards. I also listen more than I speak or type.

<blockquote>Originally posted by grendel

Heck, you can go WAY over your limit and boost FICO artificially.

</blockquote>

Crap One actually did this for me.

There error caused my high balance to be twice what my CL was at the time.

They reported it that way :)

<blockquote>Originally posted by grendel

You're giving advice based upon "30-40 days" of experience. This is not nice to the rest of the folks. <snip>It's harmful to give advice when you don't truly know.

</blockquote>

A-freakin-MEN.

Well, like I said , I'm trying to get somewhere in 30 days. And frankly I've found your advice to be too time consuming. I would have been there already, now I have this Crap-One issue.

If you guys really where interested in helping these people and you guys are aware of the problems with the high limit issue maybe you should have warned some of these people about crap-one.

Like I said I'm trying to get some short term solutions, and the laws are not that difficult to interpet, I think I've been doing ok, there are many resources out there, you just have to ask, and if you are going to help, for crying out loud at least motivate people, I don't find both of your answers very motivating.

Well, like I said , I'm trying to get somewhere in 30 days. And frankly I've found your advice to be too time consuming. I would have been there already, now I have this Crap-One issue.

If you guys really where interested in helping these people and you guys are aware of the problems with the high limit issue maybe you should have warned some of these people about crap-one.

Like I said I'm trying to get some short term solutions, and the laws are not that difficult to interpet, I think I've been doing ok, there are many resources out there, you just have to ask, and if you are going to help, for crying out loud at least motivate people, I don't find both of your answers very motivating.

</blockquote>

This issue with Capital One has been discussed ad nauseum across many different forums, this one included.

This is not an overnight process, any of it.

There aren't any real short-term solutions to this, it takes patience and perseverence.

Again, we are not here for your convenience, there are thousands of users of this board and we can't remember every poster's specific situations. Additionally, we have lives outside of this board.

We are more than willing to help people, but I for one am not going to hold the hand of someone who isn't willing to read the laws that he's so interested in interpreting for his own advantage.

It's okay to be agressive with the CRAs and CAs when the situation warrants it, but not to those whose help you are requesting. It's also not okay to offer iffy advice to those who are even greener than you are.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

(again, edited for typos) :mad:

[Edit by cookiemnster on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 06:43 PM]