ADSOFT

GOT Cap1 Card, FICO WENT DOWN,CONFUSED!!!, Cap1 .. doesn't R

<blockquote>Originally posted by ADSOFT

Well, like I said , I'm trying to get somewhere in 30 days. And frankly I've found your advice to be too time consuming. I would have been there already, now I have this Crap-One issue.

If you guys really where interested in helping these people and you guys are aware of the problems with the high limit issue maybe you should have warned some of these people about crap-one.

Like I said I'm trying to get some short term solutions, and the laws are not that difficult to interpet, I think I've been doing ok, there are many resources out there, you just have to ask, and if you are going to help, for crying out loud at least motivate people, I don't find both of your answers very motivating.

</blockquote>

You know, you may actually get farther if you listened to people a little further on the road than you are.

If you think I am so unmotivational, come to my board and ask about me.

I am trying to help you, whether you realize it or not. You're burning energy and effort in the wrong direction, especially if you're trying for a loan.

Motivating people in the wrong direction is almost criminal behaviour.

Also, how is it my fault for not knowing what cards you've applied for? Heh. I also told you a way to use Crap One against FICO!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

[Edit by grendel on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 06:56 PM]

Well, I believe in analysis paralysis, if I would have just jumped in and solved these problems, 4 yrs ago, I wouldnt be in this mess.

I respect the fact that you guys have been doing this for a long time.

But, I want to get a quick solution, and like I've said at another post the laws are straight forward.

Regarding the iffy, well there is some truth to everything, alot of the billing practices of these companies and credit card companies are probobably more iffy than that!!! So, iffy works to a point; and some of the most successful companies of the world built there fortunes on iffy techonology, one that comes to mind is MICROSOFT, most verterns in the computer business find it a joke that you have to reboot your system. Bill Gates never even graduted from college before he was, well lets say wealth.

To wrap it up, the techniques that you guys are offering work great in the long term and with very experienced people, but I was focusing a major part of time to getting my credit report clean up in 45 days, so I can move on.

Actually, I have a total clean up average of two months.

From a 442 FICO to 721.

You really should read a bit before making generalizations.

I have it documented.

That was 17 negatives to ZERO.

[Edit by grendel on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 07:00 PM]

That's great and I do believe that, really.

I, as many have, found it very difficult to find good, help out there to clean up a persons credit report. I'm surprised the there are not more honest people out there.

I tried sitting back and reading, but like some have posted, they couldn't find the answer they were looking for.

So, I just did like an other engineer would do, built up from the basics, and dive in, sink or swim. I'm not a lawyer but I know that all these companies have to adhere to contract law

But, anyway, my beef is with CAPTIOL-ONE not the members of this board, but I guess its true, "the squeeky wheel gets the oil", and hopefully, I'm going to find a QUICK solution to the capitol one problem,

If I can help someone with something I've done in the past that I know works well, I'm going to offer it.

Mr. Grendel,

Getting back to the Capitol One issue;

I find it is ludicrous(sp.) that the law so blantly(sp) states that it is illegal to submit erronous information and nobody has forced them to post their credit limit amount.

... Well, I guess they are not FICO compliant, and thats fine.

But, if we were to take some examples from the USARY LAW,were you have to docuement the interest rate in APR, isn't there anything in the books that states a lending institution which is extending credit HAS TO POST the credit limit amount.

... And, if Capitol-One decides not to post their credit limits and FICO needs that NUMBER to do a proper calculation, borrowing from the COMPUTER INDUSTRY, that makes CAPITOL ONE,none FICO compliant, and I'm astonished that somebody has not used that tacit to force them to post thier CREDIT LIMIT.

.. So, is there a law that forces them post the limit, that would fall into the same category as USARY LAW???????

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 07:50 PM]

Mr. Grendel,

Getting back to the Capitol One issue;

I find it is ludicrous(sp.) that the law so blantly(sp) states that it is illegal to submit erronous information and nobody has forced them to post their credit limit amount.

... Well, I guess they are not FICO compliant, and thats fine.

But, if we were to take some examples from the USARY LAW,were you have to docuement the interest rate in APR, isn't there anything in the books that states a lending institution which is extending credit HAS TO POST the credit limit amount.

... And, if Capitol-One decides not to post their credit limits and FICO needs that NUMBER to do a proper calculation, borrowing from the COMPUTER INDUSTRY, that makes CAPITOL ONE,none FICO compliant, and I'm astonished that somebody has not used that tacit to force them to post thier CREDIT LIMIT.

.. So, is there a law that forces them post the limit, that would fall into the same category as USARY LAW???????

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 07:50 PM]

</blockquote>

Show me the usuary laws that state they must post the APR on a CREDIT REPORT, not a diclosure in lending agreement!

FICO is not a standard for compliance, it's an algorythm used to determine credit worthiness.

It is not regulated by anyone but Fair Isaacs. There are already people suing them!

Again, why waste the time barking after a dog that's not frightened of you?

I didn't mean APR on a credit report I ment on a loan.

My question is that is there a law that states a person extending credit has to post the Credit limit amount?

... I'm editing because this keyboard sucks, its very akward.

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 08:43 PM]

I didn't mean APR on a credit report I ment on a loan.

My question is that is there a law that states a person extending credit has to post the Credit amount.

</blockquote>

Yes, I just told you. It's a truth in lending agreement.

TIL.

So isn't it an open and shut case, they have to post it: The Credit Limit amount that is and they are blatently braking the law.

Were Can I find this law that states what a creditor has to supply to a CAR, that is more specific than "correct information"

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 08:47 PM]

So isn't it an open and shut case, they have to post it: The Credit Limit amount that is and they are blatently braking the law.

Were Can I find this law that states what a creditor has to supply to a CAR, that is more specific than "correct information"

</blockquote>

If you plan to make the jump from truth in lending disclosures and credit reporting to third parties, good luck with that one.

Truth in Lending Act:

http://www.smartagreements.com/bltopics/Bltopi41.html

Edited to fix link

[Edit by grendel on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 08:58 PM]

Only in your mind.

That's just it.

There is no law that specifies what a furnisher must supply to a CRA. Only that information that is provided be 100% correct and how long it can stay on your credit report.

You won't find it anywhere in the FCRA, the set of laws designed to legislate Credit Reporting.

</blockquote>

This isn't a case at all. They are not breaking any laws!

Show me what law they are breaking!

[Edit by grendel on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 09:03 PM]

Yes, I already presented the solution to you.

Thousands of others are doing it to great success.

there are also a few suing Cap One and Fair Isaacs.

However you want fast, which you need to go back to my solution.

Go charge your card near the billing cycle to it's max then return the item!

Go back three pages and read that answer!

Sorry, dude, not fast enough.

.... I think we've said all that we have to between us.

.... Thanks for your help, I didn't get what I was looking for, but, you are not the only answer in the world.

...... Ta Ta

Agreed. Not the only answer in the world.

But I offered four answers, 2 of which met your parameters.

You didn't have a response for any of them. You also didn't want to hear them. Stop being a victim. If you don't like Cap One, dont use them!

Show me, then.

[Edit by grendel on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 09:14 PM]

ADSOFT, Im gunna jump right in....after reviewing your last few posts it seems to me that grendal has gone out of his way to help you and you are also very unappreciative. He has clearly offered his advice and opinion.

Whether you take his advice is up to you but theres no need to be rude about it, telling him he is "obviously not part of the solution". Just say "thanks for your help" and move on.

We are all here for a reason, and we are all looking for advice and guidance.

I didnt see exactly what your problem was with CapOne (?) but if anyone else has ideas Im sure they would have jumped in by now.

Ive seen that grendal has gone out of his way in assisting you, something he or anyone for that matter doent have to do, I suggest you stop being ungrateful and be thankful your getting any help at all.

Thats just my opinion

Well my present conclusion on this issue for person who trying to repair their credit is quickly is don't get a CAPITOL-ONE card according to a couple of people who I addressed the question to on this board, its in the hands of other people they are trying to sue.

I guess my personal advice for anybody trying to repair their credit quickly is stay away from CAPITOL-ONE, and do your homework as to if the card is FICO COMPLIANT and meets all the neccesary requirements that FICO needs to calculate a score that adheres to FICO's standards.

I think compiling a list of FICO compatable credit cards will be helpful to a person trying to repair their credit quickly.

Unfortionatly, no list exists as far as I know, And I find it shocking that its not addressed on locations (written ones) that is that attempt to assist people in shopping for a credit card.

<blockquote>Originally posted by morrow

ADSOFT, Im gunna jump right in....after reviewing your last few posts it seems to me that grendal has gone out of his way to help you and you are also very unappreciative. He has clearly offered his advice and opinion.

Whether you take his advice is up to you but theres no need to be rude about it, telling him he is "obviously not part of the solution". Just say "thanks for your help" and move on.

We are all here for a reason, and we are all looking for advice and guidance.

I didnt see exactly what your problem was with CapOne (?) but if anyone else has ideas Im sure they would have jumped in by now.

Ive seen that grendal has gone out of his way in assisting you, something he or anyone for that matter doent have to do, I suggest you stop being ungrateful and be thankful your getting any help at all.

Thats just my opinion

</blockquote>

Hey, thanks!

Cap One sucks wind. Honestly, it's all over the credit advocacy boards.

These are not just my ideas, but the results of thousands of credit advocates.

Thanks for jumping in but, I think he is giving me the brush off.

.. I don't appreciate comment like "only in you mind", so as far as I'm concern,He, and only he, is more of a problem than a solution,

I'M looking for answers that are going to focus me torward and answer and solution, not divert me.

Obviously, has a different approach to things.

I know how the law works,

And there are many solutions.

Thanks for jumping in but, I think he is giving me the brush off.

.. I don't appreciate comment like "only in you mind", so as far as I'm concern,He, and only he, is more of a problem than a solution,

I'M looking for answers that are going to focus me torward and answer and solution, not divert me.

Obviously, has a different approach to things.

I know how the law works,

And there are many solutions.

</blockquote>

Aw man, just give it up.

If I were giving you the brush off, I just would have not responded at all. I could certainly be more hurtful if that were my aim. Heck, I could make up a nice little letter citing some bogus law. Instead I kept it real, because that is the way I am.

If I don't have a solution, show me why the 4 I listed don't work?

If the law allows you to prosecute Cap One for not reporting limits, SHOW ME WHERE.

I fail to see how I am the diversion to YOUR goals, when you're trying to force Cap One to do something that the largest corps in this business (the CRA's) have failed to do. They have more money and much more competent litigators than you or I.

So, the burden of proof is on you, my young friend.

I've cited my laws. Where are yours?

Thanks for jumping in but, I think he is giving me the brush off.</blockquote>

I dont blame him or anyone else for brushing you off.

Yes I realize CapOne is a PITA, I agree! I do however think that you are being extremly demanding about your situation.

You posted a question.....members replied.

You got seriously pissed because no one gave you the answer you wanted to hear!

Like cookiemonster posted...cant be done over night, nuff said.

Anyhow, I've made an appointment to talk to the right people at Capitol One, and they are going to be calling me next week.

I'm going to try to get a statement from them to see what there position is.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm going to suggest to the ADMIN of this board to that may be we not recommend do Capitol-One do to its FICO incompatablities, and maybe she will be interested in compiling a list.

.. For now, until I get more information, for those of you who are trying to repair your credit and get a credit card: Keeping in mind that a credit card is a significant part of your FICO score I would try to get some information as to how they report the necessary information that FICO needs and if you get it and keep you balance below 20% the first month will it significantly raise your score.

... I will try to keep this thread open as much as possible for those who are interested in repairing their credit quickly and need to remove some items on their report and establish a credit card line to enhance their score.

There are some other techniques that I know of at the moment that will still help a person who gets trapped in the FICO compatability issue and I'm going to address them after talking to Capitol One.

For now, beware, NOT ALL CARDS ARE FICO COMPATABLE.

[Edit by ADSOFT on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 10:02 PM]

Ok, talk to the Exec offices. I've already done it as have 400 others I know of.

You'll get the same answers. We don't have to do it by law and we will lawfully not do it.

Since when were "we" reccomending anything? Rather presumptious, isn't it.

BTW, did you know that Crap One is not the only sub prime card?

There's First Premier, that comes loaded with a bunch of fees and Orchard Bank. Go get one of those.

Me, I'll stick with my Prime cards.

[Edit by grendel on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 10:05 PM]