Question about "Date Reported"

BrassFan

Ok..here's one that has me curious.

I had a Sears card, and it charged off in 2000. It shows a date of last activity of 4/2000. I settled with them (long before I knew about negotiating a delete) in 2001.

However, the interesting part is that it shows a "Date Reported" of 4/2003. Why would they still report this 2 years after a deal was made?

<blockquote>Originally posted by BrassFan

Ok..here's one that has me curious.

I had a Sears card, and it charged off in 2000. It shows a date of last activity of 4/2000. I settled with them (long before I knew about negotiating a delete) in 2001.

However, the interesting part is that it shows a "Date Reported" of 4/2003. Why would they still report this 2 years after a deal was made?

</blockquote>

Because Sears will update every single month until that 7 years from the first delinquency is up. I think, if the CRA's would let them, they'd report it forever. It's all reported automatically, electronically every month.