Suze Orman

breathing_easier

I've been tuning into the Suze Orman show on CNBC and am impressed by her down-to-earth but upbeat approach to giving advice. I find listening to her very calming. Just this evening she answered a question about the SOL on collections. Anyone else out there a Suze Orman fan?

*raising hand* Suze Orman fan here! I first ran across Suze on Oprah and she has a monthly advice column in O, the Oprah magazine. What I like about Suze is that she presents a newer way of living with money, understanding money, and fundamentals of finances.

I am interested in the number of people on this site who have literally had their relationships with money, credit, debt, finances changed because of their experience with bad credit. All credit repair, I believe, begins with a reckoning about the behaviors and beliefs that led us to trouble in the first place. That is something I came to through listening to Suze and reading her advice.

I could go on about this in greater detail and length, but I was busy looking for some specific info before I found this thread and wanted to answer, so maybe I will go further into this later.

:)

<blockquote>Originally posted by almost_there

I am interested in the number of people on this site who have literally had their relationships with money, credit, debt, finances changed because of their experience with bad credit. All credit repair, I believe, begins with a reckoning about the behaviors and beliefs that led us to trouble in the first place. That is something I came to through listening to Suze and reading her advice.</blockquote>

Oh yeah - its almost impossible NOT to have your life totally turned about due to experiences with bad credit. Every day you live you learn something, and my thought now is that every day that I don't learn something new about money, credit, or my other ventures is really a wasted day.

I guess the one thing that I had learned from everything in a whole, is RESPECT.

<blockquote>Originally posted by admin

I like Rich Dad, Poor Dad as well - plus he lives in my town! :)

</blockquote>

I liked the Rich Dad/Poor Dad Rich Kid/Poor Kid series as well.. but it didn't really translate practically for me. Found a review for it that pretty much sums it up

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

Though this guys summation is much.. harsher.. than I would shoot for, as I'm not anywhere near THAT against the book, he does make some valid points.

[Edit by Xanathos on Thursday, May 8, 2003 @ 07:13 PM]