Inquiry ?

utman17

I know that a inquiry stays on your CR for two years, how long does it affect your scores, 6 months ? I have 23 on Equifax (Most of them duplicate) 13 on Experian and 17 on Transunion, im sure these are not helping my score any, they are all over 6 months old, except 2 that I got because of PG on Transunion. What can I do to get these deleted.. Thanks for your help..

<blockquote>Originally posted by utman17

I know that a inquiry stays on your CR for two years, how long does it affect your scores, 6 months ? I have 23 on Equifax (Most of them duplicate) 13 on Experian and 17 on Transunion, im sure these are not helping my score any, they are all over 6 months old, except 2 that I got because of PG on Transunion. What can I do to get these deleted.. Thanks for your help..

</blockquote>

Well it does stay for 2 years however, it shouldn't, at least not according to the FCRA.

§ 609. Disclosures to consumers [15 U.S.C. § 1681g]

(a) Information on file; sources; report recipients. Every consumer reporting agency shall, upon request, and subject to 610(a)(1) [§ 1681h], clearly and accurately disclose to the consumer:

(1) All information in the consumer's file at the time of the request, except that nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to require a consumer reporting agency to disclose to a consumer any information concerning credit scores or any other risk scores or predictors relating to the consumer.

(2) The sources of the information; except that the sources of information acquired solely for use in preparing an investigative consumer report and actually used for no other purpose need not be disclosed: Provided, That in the event an action is brought under this title, such sources shall be available to the plaintiff under appropriate discovery procedures in the court in which the action is brought.

(3)(A) Identification of each person (including each end-user identified under section 607(e)(1) [§ 1681e]) that procured a consumer report

(i) for employment purposes, during the 2-year period preceding the date on which the request is made; or

(ii) for any other purpose, during the 1-year period preceding the date on which the request is made.

But yeah, if they're older than 6 months they shouldn't be contributing much to the score

I called EQ the other day and disputed 3 hards. Called 2 days later and they said they'd been deleted and a new report was on the way. They were about 6 to 18 months old. I just told EQ that I had not authorized them and they did not match anything on my report which was true.

I hate to sound like an idiot, but when you say 'inquiry', you mean those who are looking into you credit reports? And, is it possible to just call and have them removed, no letters? Hmmm, 3 points for every inquiry, 10 inquiries, hell thats 30 points.

Different people have wildly different results with all 3 CRAs.

I called EX and they said they don't investigate inquiries - BS! Guess I'll have to write and quote the FCRA to them.

EQ deleted 3 just on a phone call.

TU - I don't have any hard inquiries, so I can't say.

<blockquote>Originally posted by SXDECARLO

I hate to sound like an idiot, but when you say 'inquiry', you mean those who are looking into you credit reports? And, is it possible to just call and have them removed, no letters? Hmmm, 3 points for every inquiry, 10 inquiries, hell thats 30 points.

</blockquote>

There are 2 different types of inquiries, hard and soft. Hard are the ones that affect your credit and yes they are the ones you get when applying for credit and such.

I have had awesome success calling in disputing inquiries. Got 8 off of EQ within a week!

Give it a shot!

Just said they werent mine, dont know where they came from!(wink)

yeah, I just got an equifax investigation back today, got 8 zapped....just said they we're not mine. Still waiting back from transunion, sent them a really nasty intent to sue (I really will sue them too) if they dont remove 5 hard inquiries that were auto-loan stuff but were not flagged as such. I'm really pretty ticket about it, they keep asking me for my Social security card and drivers license and then when I provide it they say they cant read the copy...we'll I've sent it too them 4 times, I think that's enough so it's time to get nasty, I'm sure they'll see things my way :)

ching