"Demand for payment of debt" from disputed CA

willow

Disputed account with TU on 4/28 and received letter from CA today that states:

"Demand for Payment of Debt

Creditor: XYZ

Amount Due: 2¢

Take notice that agent claims a just indebtedness from the alleged debtor to be paid on or before May 14, 2003"

Ok...so now what? Should I wait until TU completes their "investigation" or send a validation to the CA?

Thanks,

Willow

<blockquote>Originally posted by Willow

Disputed account with TU on 4/28 and received letter from CA today that states:

"Demand for Payment of Debt

Creditor: XYZ

Amount Due: 2¢

Take notice that agent claims a just indebtedness from the alleged debtor to be paid on or before May 14, 2003"

Ok...so now what? Should I wait until TU completes their "investigation" or send a validation to the CA?

Thanks,

Willow

</blockquote>

LFMAO.......unreal......loss for words...........uhm yea, I'd send off my validation letter asap to the CA.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Willow

Thanks Swede. My hubby read me the letter over the phone and I was like "Um.....what else does it say?" LOL

They didn't even include the account number and the amount is incorrect.

Willow

</blockquote>

Why, was it really 3¢......;) The reason the account number is missing is probably the increased ink cost it would have brought...