Taniaeve

So my mortgage guy says that if my DH's credit score raises just 6 points, we get the loan we need. How in the heck can I do this quickly? There is one item that is a collection that the creditor requested the CRA's remove over a year ago but they didn't. We are trying to get it deleted asap. Equifax says they will have it off in 2 weeks. I'm wondering how much this will raise the score?

<blockquote>Originally posted by Taniaeve

So my mortgage guy says that if my DH's credit score raises just 6 points, we get the loan we need. How in the heck can I do this quickly?

</blockquote>

If you have balances on your credit cards, try paying them off. This will lower your utilization hence raising your score.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Taniaeve

Thanks swede. How soon would this happen if I paid them down today? Can I ask those creditors to report immediately?

</blockquote>

They normally do it monthly, the last day of your billing cycle. You can call and find out what day that is. If it's too far out, you can ask them to update it asap as you're trying to get a mortgage, some will help you out, some won't but it doesn't hurt to try.