bankrupty

kjunior

I co-signed for a car a few years ago. How do i go about getting a judgement off my credit if the other party has filed bankruptcy? On her bankruptcy it doens't show that she's paying for this vehicle, it just proctected her from being sued. They can now come after me correct? It shows on my reports as a judgemnet, buti have never been served papers. The civil judgementdate is: date filed 3-99. the vehicle was purchased in 2/96 is when it was opened from the bank. Can anyone help me.

Go to the court house to complete document to "vacate judgment" and have it dismissed since you where never served to appear. Some states have different rules for how a person may be served - you can ask the states attorney's office on this matter to be for sure.

You can also dispute with the CRA in the mean time "no knowledge of account" see if it comes off that way.