Captiol One

kjunior

Should i stop paying Capitol One since i have been paying them for the past year? They bought out my citibank visa card last year. I got the card back in 95. Is it to late to do a debt validation since i have been paying them. I'm sure they can't produce the original contract, but sinc ei have been paying them i should continue to pay them? I also have another Capitol One Account. They bought out a old car loan had back in 94, but i have not attepmted to pay them at all. I went in sometime last year and disputed the claim and the origianl creditor sent me the original contract stamped paid in full. Is their any hope in getting Capitol One to stop trying to collect, and getting them deleted from my reports?

<blockquote>Originally posted by kjunior

I also have another Capitol One Account. They bought out a old car loan had back in 94, I went in sometime last year and disputed the claim and the origianl creditor sent me the original contract stamped paid in full. Is their any hope in getting Capitol One to stop trying to collect, and getting them deleted from my reports?

On this one provide the collection agency with copy of the paid in full contract & tell them you don't owe any money & that you want the tradeline removed from your credit report. Also dispute with the CRA forwarding them copy of this paid in full statement from the OC with instructions to remove the collection agency's listing since this was handled solely through the OC.

</blockquote>