Let this be a lesson to you pups...

Xanathos

Transunion: Disputed by Certified mail.. they sent me some accusation of using a credit repair agency, talking how they weren't gonna investigate the dispute, trying to get me to send in more info so they could get an extension.

Equifax: Disputed by Certified mail.. they sent me some accusation of not knowing where I live.. thankfully the other person in this house doesn't seem to mind me coming here every night to sleep, and actually considers me a resident regardless of what their computers say. They send me a letter saying they won't investigate till I send them more proof of address again, even though they're still investigating.. they were trying to troll for an extension.

Experian: Disputed online.. I haven't heard word one from these cats, but of the 9 I've disputed online.. I just now checked my report, and so far 3 have been deleted, and the other 6 are still under investigation.. 3 for 3 ain't bad, and they haven't tried snookering me into getting them an extension.

The net is your friend. Oh yes, the net is your friend...

I include the following statement at the end of EVERY letter I sent to TU and to EX:

Note: I alone wrote this formal complaint in its entirety. I had no assistance from any third party such as a credit repair clinic; therefore you are obligated under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to fully investigate this consumer dispute.

Since then, TU and EX have never sent me that bogus repair clinic letter again.

Note: I alone wrote this formal complaint in its entirety. I had no assistance from any third party such as a credit repair clinic; therefore you are obligated under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to fully investigate this consumer dispute.

Good idea. I will be doing that too.

Same here. All of my on-line disputing has been sucessfull. All the money that I spent on CMRRR was a waste. I spent alot too! :( I never got anything other than Bullsheot letters from the CRA's. Online I've had better results for less $$ ;) Also, over the phone has worked great too! ;)

Well, I for one love the paper trail

You can hit them hard with copies of CMRRR dates and basically cause the "Paralysis by Analysis" techinque

Remember most of those reps make low wages and are only working to collect a paycheck.. hit them hard and hopefully you'll get yours into the hands of a employee that just doesnt want to do the research and just deletes things and moves along

<blockquote>Originally posted by EddieTampa

Well, I for one love the paper trail

You can hit them hard with copies of CMRRR dates and basically cause the "Paralysis by Analysis" techinque

Remember most of those reps make low wages and are only working to collect a paycheck.. hit them hard and hopefully you'll get yours into the hands of a employee that just doesnt want to do the research and just deletes things and moves along

</blockquote>

What I did was print up a copy of my EX report with all my disputed items in the blue shading.. the EX report has a date stamp on it, so you can easily use it to prove when the 30 days is up. Haven't tried the other two CRA's online yet, but for round two(unless I'm very lucky and there is no round 2) I'll be trying it that way as well

I have never used cmrr for anything. I always use online with a followup fax and I save the fax confirmation printout from my fax machine. It isnt the money, its the INSTANT gratification when you hear "fax complete" and you can almost see the person at eq/tu/exp rolling thier eyes as they go to work on your fax!!

<blockquote>Originally posted by fixmycredit

I havnt had very good results online. You cant detail your

arguments as clearly.

</blockquote>

It's been my experience that that's exactly why it's better :p. I just click on the stuff I want gone.. check the "Not mine" button on the right, and click send. Life is good.

I got asked who I was using as a repair agency as well. What I do now, is switch sentences around, and intentionally put in a few grammatical errors, and put in a couple of lines as well. SO far, so good:D

Online is a great way to start off, dispute as not mine on most items, CRRR is better when you have disputed items that have come back as verified and now disputing for a different reason (i.e. Wrong DOLA, Balance, etc). Haven't tried fax yet but it is pretty tempting since it requires no trip to post office and you get confirmation.

you will be singing different song when things get nasty with one of the CRAs where you dispute online and you have to take them to court...(you never know)

what are you going to show judge?? A print out of their website from your little home printer?? LOL

Give me 10 minutes and I can make you bunch of print outs with expired date. I think courts would want originals and not some print out out of the the person's home printer.

There is many things that can go wrong with online disputing. I am talking mainly about paper trail. It just doesn't look as good as CRRR does, I am sorry...

This is just my opinion on that.

<blockquote>Originally posted by creditmess

you will be singing different song when things get nasty with one of the CRAs where you dispute online and you have to take them to court...(you never know)

what are you going to show judge?? A print out of their website from your little home printer?? LOL

</blockquote>

Agreed- the CMRRR is not for when things go right but that one time when it doesn't, you need the papertrail.

It is also depends if you are actually going to take someone to court…

It is one thing to do the talk. It is totally different to do walk.

I have already made the decision that I am never going to take a CRA to court. Most of everything that I am disputing is negative but accurate information. Unless I got the chorizo and I can factually prove it, then that is another story. There are some creditors that in fact that may be the route for me to take.

However, as for the CRAs, a first class stamp has done well for me. They have always responded within 30 days even when they are telling to go [EXPLETIVE DELETED] myself.

But when doing debt validation and trying to prove something, I use CRRR because I need the proof. Those are the situations that a small claims court may be the route the green card is as good as gold to me.

Well, I said I would use it to loosen 'em up, not lock em up.

Read my posts on FAX transmittal, I'm getting ready to take on PACBELL, they are hiding behind electronic signature and stone walling: Hey, what are they going to say in court, oh, I have a little print out here, that says he agreed to additional phone services, uh no, I never agreed.

A Fax transmittal w/ electronic reciept, It does have some weight.

And I'm sure a fax transmittal w/ electronic reciept will loosen them up, specially when I put the collection agents' name on it, the then send a second one with their boss' name on it, threatening to sue and report them specifically.

[Edit by ADSOFT on Friday, May 9, 2003 @ 05:35 PM]