HELP with TransUnion!!

Taniaeve

Ok, so we have a collection that blatantly needed to be removed. In fact, the CA sent a deletion letter to the CRAs back in March of 2002. Well, Equifax removed it in 24 hours after we called them. TransUnion is saying that they have 30 days to respond and they won't call the collection agency like Equifax did. And of course, the Collection agency is saying that we have to take it up with TransUnion. Oh, did I mention that getting a mortgage is all depending on the score with TransUnion raising 6 LITTLE POINTS??? :mad: Did I also mention that the removal of a collection will almost certainly bring up the score those 6 LITTLE POINTS :mad: Ok, I'm ticked here! Does anyone have ANY suggestions to help me move this along quicker???

One of the CRAs informed me that thier investigations consist of electronic verification (whatever the hell that means)

If you sent a letter to TU disputing this collection, then TU shouldnt be able to verify it. And if they do, they are bullshi**ing you.

If the CA no longer has your account, then TU shouldnt be able to verify a damn thing.

I forgot, did you dispute this with TU as not yours? How? Online, phone, CMRRR?

ITS letter stating you are getting a mortgage and they dont want to be liable for your interest rates IF they do not remove the listing. then send the proof .

If not File in small claims settle for $1000 and put that towards your housewarming party!

So I have to post this because I am:

A. proud

and

b. puzzled.

I am proud because yesterday I wrote a very strong yet diplomatic letter to the CEO of the CA that was refusing to give me a deletion letter even though they sent the item for deletion over a year ago. It included stuff about how I know they have policies and that they must be very busy over there but I feel he is the only one that can help me...(stroking that ego) This morning, I followed up with a voice mail message letting him know how much I would appreciate his help since his minnions have no authority without his green light.

I am puzzled because later this morning, I spoke with the princess of darkness (why do these people always seem so evil) who said WE DO NOT HAVE TO HELP YOU!!! Oh, she was a peach.

Just now, I get a call from the sweetest gal you could ever talk to saying that they just need our fax number and current address so that they can send the deletion to the CRA's again and fax me a deletion letter. Did I refer to the earlier call with Ms. Personality? Hell NO! I just played it cool and thanked her. She ended the call with..."If there is anything else I can do for you, feel free to call me back personally." Well, after I got up out of my chair, and came too...I realized that the CEO must have read his letter this afternoon and sent in the nice girl to fix the problem.

I must say, my letter was really good.

I don't have a fax in hand yet but if it comes, we will be drinking lots of alcohol tonight!

Cheers!