next step ChexSystems

lisak72

Okay, got verification from CS and copies of stuff from Bank One. Went to Planetfeedback and posted a letter describing the whole situation...my bank was bought out by BankOne, after the 3 month manditory time we went to close out the acct. They figured the balance wrong, caused NSF fees. They sent the remaining balance to us and we paid immediately. The following month, they turned us over to CS. Got a response from Bank One from PF saying that it was paid on 8-13-99 and they will submit the update to CS.

My impression is that they are just going to update CS in that there is no balance. (Even though no balance was listed, it was for NSF that we are on there)!

What's my next step on trying to get all this information removed?!!! It's due to fall off in Aug 2004...but I need off it now!!! Any suggestions? Any legal stuff I can throw at them? Gee...wish we had a separate topic area just for ChexSystems on here :(

Years ago I too was in ChexSystems due to a bank error.

At the time I had a large amount of money, so it was humorous in a sick way. If you can't open a bank account, where do you put your cash?

Anyway, after amassing over $10,000 in cash I began to get a little paranoid. I went from bank to bank with my cash and no bank would open a checking or savings account. I wish I had filmed the ordeal - I took a friend along with me for comic relief.

Finally out of desperation, I checked with some stock brokerage firms and low and behold no ChexSystems or Credit Check. They were more than happy to take my money and give me a checking account with a visa check card - I could even invest in stocks if it suited me.

After a while ChexSystems dropped the entry, but if I knew what I know now I would have filed suit against the bank and ChexSystems.

With the abundance of information available on the Internet, hopefully you will not have to suffer long.

The ChexSystems network is made up of member banks and credit unions that regularly contribute information on mishandled checking and savings accounts to a central location. This information is shared among member institutions to help them assess the risk of opening new accounts. ChexSystems neither approves nor declines new account openings. Those decisions are entirely up to each institution and their individual policies. ChexSystems is also licensed to do business as ChexSystems Collection Agency providing debt collection services to members participating in that service.

Members report the names of account holders whose accounts have been mishandled. Reasons for report are normally:

a history of account mishandling; or

outstanding debt

Each report submitted to ChexSystems remains on file for five years, unless the source of the information requests its removal or ChexSystems becomes obligated to remove it under applicable law. A reporting member is under no obligation to remove an accurate report of account mishandling.

https://www.chexhelp.com:447/ChexHelp/chex/english/publik/about.htm

Okay...looked through all of the sites. The copies of letters I already had which is what started this process. problem is ChexSystems verified with copies of my signature from original bank account (under different name). They also came back with a printed off statement which showes what led to the negative balance. Is this enough for verification? Can I dispute again based on the fact that they sent me my signature card from NBD and not the new bank who took over? I'm going to call BankOne and try to use this as well as anything else I can find to dispute this off ChexSystems. Thanks for any help....

I too was in ChexSystems, and removed within 30 day time frame from my dispute.

1) Send another letter to ChexSystems disputing as not yours.

2) At same time, send letter to Bank One, disputing item.

3) If comes back again from ChexSystems as verified, but not as disputed, send letter to Bank One threatening to sue for violation of FCRA (they have to show as disputed, and they will not)!

This will usually get them to remove.

By the way, I opened account w/ Bank One the day I received letter from Bank One showing deletion.

Good Luck.

Because most Creditors/ Lenders do not see ChexSystems as a CRA and do not bother reporting as a disputed item.

However, FTC recognizes ChexSystems as CRA and therefore Banks, Credit Unions, etc... have to treat/ respond to them the same as they do to Equifax, Transunion and Experian.

<blockquote>Originally posted by ADSOFT

Hey, I was on check systems and I got off, it took me 25 days.

Have you paid your balanace, What State are you in?

</blockquote>

Yes...balance was paid in 1999 when the NSF took place. I'm in Indiana...not that SOL matters anymore...just want out of that system! I know my next step is to call them...have phone number for CS Manager at Bank One. Just need to know what to go into the conversation armed with. Any and all help is appreciated!!! Basically, do I have to cry and play dumb or do I get mad?! heehee!

No, crying is not the way to go.

I was on Chexsystems at WAMU, I called the stop loss dept. directly and ignored all the negativity from the tellers and managers.

I had called to see if my check had posted and as to why they had put me on check systems. It turned out that I had paid but the check got placed in wrong spot and there were 2 postings for outstanding debt. i.e, they put me on check systems to get there money!!!

Once they verified I paid, they closed the account, the attendent looked at the history of my account and say that I did'nt abuse the account. So he said they would take me off and wait 10 days.

If I were in you situation I would call and ask if the check ever got posted to your account, ask for the attendent to review the history of your account, if not abused ask have your self taken off.

If that doesn't work let me know I got some other tricks.

That's pretty much where I am now. They have given an accounting of the situation. They have note that it was paid in 1999, but are still saying they will just remove that there was an amount due...not that they will remove the NSF information. There just isn't any amount listed anyway! What's your other tricks?

That what they had said too,

Did you contact the stop loss dept, and dispute it with them or did you just talk to a counter person.

The only people that can remove is the people at the stop loss dept., if you call the regular serving people they are going to give you red-tape.

I just did a dispute with chexsystems with bankone being the problem. Bankone did not verify in the 30 day time frame. Chexsystems sent me a letter saying they deleted the info due to that and the info I supplied to them. Someone stole my atm card and deposited a check an took the money out. I reported it to bankone, they verifed that it was my problem, since it was a deposit to my account!!!!!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fought with bankone for more than six months on this. Had to finally go to the police and file a report. They found the person that did this, as it was a personal check that they deposited!!! (Talk about americas dumbest criminals) The police contacted her and gave her one month to repay me. I did get the amount of the check back but not the nsf fees. I paid the amount to bankone, and have not heard a word back from them. I refused to pay the nsf fees too!!!!!!!!!!

<blockquote>Originally posted by ADSOFT

Thats it, it basically is the place that handles closed accounts with open balances.

How was your activity? Good bad, lots of bad checks?

[Edit by ADSOFT on Saturday, May 10, 2003 @ 11:21 PM]

</blockquote>

The account was originally through a different company that had completely different procedures as far as posting checks and deposits, late fees, etc. Once it changed to the new bank, we got locked into an account that had higher fees which was a hard lesson to learn. But from what they sent me, the CS happened because when we went to close this account after the 90 day period, they allowed a direct withdrawal that we had cancelled to go through which set off 3 other things bouncing at once...then they had their four NSF fees of $100 on top of that. That was the last stuff on the acct. As soon as they notified us, we came in and paid that off and re-closed the account. A month after we paid it, they turned us in at CS.