TU Special Messages Section?

almost_there

Hi there everyone :)

With all the valuable information I have learned here, I am going to be helping my brother and sister-in-law in the disputing process and going over my brother's TU report (obtained directly from TU's website) we came across an item towards the very end of the report, in the "Special Messages Section" where it just says:

Messages JUGMNT #****** VERIFIED AS REPORTED 04-1999 HIS ACCOUNT

He has no listings in the public record section, any judgments ever associated with him have been our father's, (brother is a Jr) so I am wondering if I should leave this sentence alone or actually dispute it since my brother never has had any judgments so this HAS to be false information, whether it is hurting him or not.

Anyone have any experience with this "Special Messages Section"? When I type up the letter for brother to review and sign, do I include a dispute of this inaccurate information? Thanks in advance.

I would recommend a combination of calling them & faxing a copy of your drivers license (mark out the DL#) requesting the file to be unmixed.

From the sounds of what you say; they are adding comments that would of been directed to the father not the son.

When disputing; have them remove all nick names & for your brother to always use his full given name: First; Last; Middle; & Jr. Also dispute to remove fathers address (relating the files) this will help to sever the relationship for the file to be re-mixed.

Put your brother on notice to keep an eye out on anything strange re-apearing in his credit file - very common for the CRAs to re-mix files over time. Just have to watch out since he knows that he shares a name with someone else.