Another name/DOB

Anonymous

I'm still new to this but my search of the boards don't answer some of my questions........My wife's sister's name and DOB (they are 2 years apart (2 yrs 1 day, and only 1 letter different in the spellings of their names yeah I know mom and dad didn't have much brain powere lol), are showing up on my wife's credit report through Experian. Does that mean I can try to wipe more things as I don't know what name they are using with credit inquiries and reporting procedures? NE help would be greatly appreciated. And should I have my Sis-in-law run her reports before the disputes are in or after?

I had the wrong brithday on one of my CRA,

Called and spoke to the attendent and asked to have my birthday changed, and some old addresses. They removed them kindly.

I called a second CRA I wasn't in the best mood, and asked to have an old address removed, the DOB was ok there. She was not going to be cooperative but she knew I was aware of the fed laws and my rights and recourse.

She said she would put a request to have old addresses dropped but, they are going to call some creditors on my REPORT and see if I ever used those addresses.

In your case,

....I would call and ask to have erronous personal information removed and then use your SS# as proof.

I believe in Calling and talking to a person while quoting the LAW.

Many of the senior people here believe in using registerd mail.

I've had good results with calling and quoting the law. It's a matter of preference

Good luck I hope this answers your question.

Let the people on the board know how you do, I'm sure there are other people in the same boat.

You know, there's a reason we use CMRR.

Papertrail.

A woman in Salem, Oregon sued TU and won $5.4M for this very example.

Quoting the law to the people that answer the phone really doesn't do much. They don't know it. They get paid maybe $10.00 an hour plus bonuses if they handle so many calls an hour. They just want you off the phone.

I would send in a dispute listing the DOB and wrong name and ALL addresses but your current one, CMRR. That lines you up for your next dispute, which is not mine to 4-5 negs, which I would probably do online the following day.

And if you decide to use the phone, IMO, acting like you don't know the law seems to work better, at least from my experience. Acting like you're completely surprised and have no idea where they came from seems to work very well.

CRA CSR's don't like people who know the law - they make the CSR's job 1000 times more difficult.

If I were a CSR of any kind, I'd be more inclined to help a customer who was nice to me, rather than one who started out acting all pompous and irritable.

Again, JMO.

• 1 month later...

<blockquote>Originally posted by Deliahsdad1

My wife's sister's name and DOB are showing up on my wife's credit report through Experian. Does that mean I can try to wipe more things as I don't know what name they are using with credit inquiries and reporting procedures? NE help would be greatly appreciated. And should I have my Sis-in-law run her reports before the disputes are in or after?

</blockquote>

In this case have your wife forward copy of her drivers license to Experian (mark out DL#) with request to unmix file. And note to remove incorrect name & incorrect DOB. I suspect that if you look close at the credit report - you may just find that the social security number is wrong or reporting additional ones.

Be a good idea that her sister also pull her credit report to review for mixes of the same type. And for future reference - both sisters should always use their full given name when applying for credit not to mix their files again, even contact current creditors to have name updated.

I usually see these amoung father / son files being mixed (that share the same name / live at the same address...) - and they can be re-mixed if you don't take ever percaution to correct or stop using similar information that relates between the two of them. Like addresses where they have both live, want these removed as well.