Old Reports, Help!

air7299

Im just starting this journey and already need help. After reading several postings, I new I was talking to the right people.

I pulled my credit report's and found accounts that are way past due thier 7 year limit. I'm going to dispute them, but the only proof I got that shows DOLA is an old CR from Equifax. The account appears on all three CRA's. Can I use this as proof? And if I can, Is it valid for TU and EX?

Also, I got repo from Ford Credit years ago. I have another old credit report from 10/96 and it shows the account being delinquent 9 months at that time. If my math is correct, wouldn't the DOLA be 1/96? Would this be considered proof of the account being past the 7 years? If so, where do I go from here? Should I send disputes to the CRA's or should I contact Ford Credit with a DV letter?

One more question, I totaled a car in 2000. The insurance paid the balance to the lender(Ugly Duckling) except for two payments, which the insurance claims I should of paid. The report shows it as a charge-off. It also says, "SETTLEMENT ACCEPTED ON THIS ACCOUNT". I was never late prior to the accident. The lender went out of business around a year ago I guess. How could I try to repair this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

What she said, although I prefer to use online or CMRR disputes for paper trail.

I go after everythin as if I were going to court.

I also avoid investigating any more than 4 at a time to avoid the frivolous label.

[Edit by grendel on Sunday, May 11, 2003 @ 08:38 PM]